Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Thinking of You with Flowers

Hi again!  Can you believe this gorgeous weather we have today?  It's bright and sunny and 43 degrees the last time I checked.  Things are looking up for an actual move.  We've been waiting for the weather to change from the constant freezing and snow every other day or so.  Looks like it has finally happened.

Today's card features the Pretty Perennials stamp set found in the January - June Mini Catalog again.  Love, love, love it.  But then, I really like flowers of just about any kind.  I needed to get busy making thank you cards for the lovely people that ordered from me in February, so wanted to share the batch I made yesterday.  

As you can see, those lovely flowers are the pretty accent here.  I keep going back to them time after time.  This time I paired them up with the gorgeous Paper Blooms Designer Series Paper that is free during Sale-a-bration this month.  Yes, there are just a few more days to get your hands on this pretty paper.  February 28th is coming up really fast, and then all the free items won't be available any longer.  

For my card, I chose to use a mixture of the prints instead of focusing on just one.  (couldn't decide which one to use, so...)  Each strip of the Designer Paper is 5 1/4" x 1".  This way you can really get a good look at each of them on the card.  It is a problem when you like all of the designs and don't want to cover up any of them!

The base of my card is Rococo Rose, my favorite of the 2019-2021 In Colors.  Well, it's my favorite today anyway.  These colors are right in my range of happy colors to work with.  I'm so sorry this batch of In Colors will retire on May 3rd.  I'll have to make sure I get my ink refills and extra cardstock ordered before they are out-of-stock!  

The strips of Designer Paper were attached with adhesive with a bit of the Rococo Rose cardstock showing around them as a frame.  The largest flower from the Pretty Perennials was stamped with Blushing Bride ink.  The small flower is done in Seaside Spray.  The centers on all the flowers were stamped with Night of Navy ink.  All the leaves were stamped with Old Olive ink.  After the stamping was complete, I die-cut them all out with the matching Perennial Petals dies.  
The set I chose to use for the sentiment is the Happy Thoughts set also from the January - June Mini Catalog.  I debated about using the Thank You from the set, but instead used the Thinking of You because for this card, I preferred the font on this sentiment.  It was stamped in Night of Navy ink onto a die-cut Stitched Shapes oval.  Then was layered onto a Night of Navy piece of cardstock that was die-cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die set.  Both of these die sets have the stitched edges that I like so much.

The die-cut pieces were then arranged on the card front and popped up with Dimensionals.  I would have liked a sprinkling of rhinestones on the card to finish, but I have no idea where they are.  (Looked but couldn't find them!)  So I added a tiny bow of the Mossy Meadow Braided Trim attached with a Mini Glue Dot.  It was the only ribbon that I could find and I think it works ok here.

All righty.  That's it for today's post.  If you have any questions about what I did, or why, leave me a comment and I'll be happy to get back with you with an answer.  That is providing I know the answer!  The way things are going around here right now, I'm not sure I have any answers about anything!  

Happy stamping!  It's a good way to keep your sanity.  haha
Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment