Saturday, April 3, 2021

Special Easter Card

 I really hadn't planned on posting this card I made for my grandsons, but then decided to do so anyway.  It's a very personal card to me.

For the card, I wanted to make something cute to get the attention, but the real focus was what I wrote inside.  Sometimes you just can't find the right stamps and sentiments to say exactly what you want.  So this time, I just made it up myself!  Give it a try sometime.  It's not as difficult as I thought it would be!

I started with a card base of Basic White, then added a layer of Baja Breeze cardstock (retired) that I had embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder to add texture.

Next, I grabbed some scraps of Basic White cardstock and stamped the bunny and basket from the Springtime Joy stamp set.  Yay, that set is available in the January - June Mini Catalog!!  I colored the bunny with the Gray Granite, Balmy Blue, Call Me Clover, and Daffodil Delight Blends.  The basket was colored with Cinnamon Cider, Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, and Granny Apple Green Blends.

The chocolates were stamped with the Nothing Is Better Than... stamp set.  I used Soft Suede ink for the outline, and then again for the solid image but stamped-off to give it a lighter color.  All the different images were then fussy cut so I could play around with placement.

Then came the harder part of this card, for me anyway.  It was deciding what I wanted to say and how to get the idea across in a friendly, non-confrontational way.  I had scraps of white cardstock sitting on my table, grabbed a Bermuda Bay marker, and just started writing away.  I'll admit I threw away  a couple attempts because I couldn't get them onto the card in a pleasing manner.  But I am really happy with how the idea finally came together.

But the best and final part was writing on the inside to make my feelings known.  The boys know I love and trust God with all my heart, but I felt this was a chance to bring the idea of what Easter truly means home to them in a subtle way.  Here's the inside of my card...
Hope you can read it.  It's a little hard since I continued to use the Bermuda Bay marker.

It does say it all!

Easter Blessings to you and yours!  And may God's unfailing love touch your hearts.

Love,

Sharon



1 comment: