Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Sweet Gingerbread Card

Hi friends!  It's almost time for Thanksgiving, and that means the Christmas is right around the corner.  And that means that it's time for another Christmas card idea for you.  This one uses an easy fun fold idea that I hope you'll like, along with some sweet gingerbread 'cookies'.  Yum!

Isn't this cute?  I love the 'cookies' that are actually die-cut from the Gingerbread & Peppermint 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper.  It doesn't get too much easier than that.  There's almost no stamping on the card either on the outside or the inside of the card.   Just a little die-cutting and it's just about finished.  Let's get to it...

The card base is Real Red cardstock cut at 11" x 4 1/4".  It's scored at 4" and 9 1/2".  Then both ends are folded in to make the card.  The Heartwarming Hugs 12" x 12" Designer Paper is used to match up with the Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP.  The left hand side of DSP measures 3 3/4" x 4".  The right side measures 1 1/4" x 4".  These pieces were attached using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.

Ok, now to the fun part.  I knew I was making a number of these cards, so I grabbed the Gingerbread Dies and the Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP and went to work die-cutting a small pile of gingerbread cookies.  I cut stars and snowflakes, ornaments and bells.  And they looked good enough to eat!  They are definitely frosted fancier than any gingerbread cookies I've ever made!!  I also cut some round candies and bits from the leftovers of paper.  So much fun.

I thought the Tailor Made Tags Dies would make a good sentiment layer.  I die-cut the largest tag from the Kraft 6" x 6" Paper Pack in the July-December Mini Catalog.  The Kraft Paper fits in so nicely with the gingerbread theme.  The sentiment is from the Frosted Gingerbread stamp set and is stamped with Early Espresso ink.  I added a short length of Real Red 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon to finish the tag and then used Dimensionals to pop it up on the left side of the card only so it won't seal the card closed.

On this card, I attached two of the snowflakes to the card front.  The one of the right is only attached to the tag and not the right side of the card.  There are Mini Dimensionals under parts of the snowflake on the bottom left.  I added two of the little bits I had die-cut, and 3 Real Red Rhinestones to finish the front.

The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  This has a cute lacy border stamped on the bottom using Crumb Cake ink.  This reminds me of the pretty frosting patterns on the cookies.  The sentiment is from the same set and stamped in Early Espresso ink.  Lastly, three of the die-cut candies were attached in the bottom right corner.  Yes, a card almost good enough to eat.  But please don't.  I'm sure it doesn't taste as good as it looks!  😄

Now I need to get to baking a pie or two and make that jello salad my daughter loves so much.  Lots to do before sitting down to eat that yummy Thanksgiving dinner!  Just counting all the blessings God has showered me with throughout all my life.  Of course there have been many ups and downs over the years.  Who hasn't had them?  But God has been with me every step of the way and continues to bless me each day.  I pray God will bless you this day and touch your heart with His love and grace.

Happy Thanksgiving (a day early)!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment