Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Old, New, and In Between

 Hi friends,  Just been hanging out and not doing much of anything lately.  I don't know where my energy has gone, but I've been feeling kind of wrung out lately.  I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with an upcoming birthday and getting older.  Of course not!   I've been taking stock of my life and life in general.  Some things I'm happy with where things stand and other things are making me feel uncomfortable.  You know how that goes...   Anyway, I do have a card I want to share with you.  It uses a retiring stamp and die bundle, but also a new embossing folder that I really like.   Just like me - old, new, and everything in between.

I've always liked the Forever Blossoms stamp set.  It's so elegant but delicate too.  And when a stamp set comes with a coordinating die set (Cherry Blossoms) it's really a winner in my book.  The cherry blossoms are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a Basic White cardstock piece.  Then the fun begins with the coloring.  I used Stampin' Blends for this, of course.  They just make the coloring so effortless and it's fun layering on different colors to get the look you want.  For the flowers, I used Fresh Freesia Light and Dark, and Highland Heather Light and Dark.  The stems and leaves are colored with Pear Pizzazz Light and Dark, and bits added with Old Olive Dark.  I did the coloring on these before I die-cut them out.  I find it easier to work with this way.  (my bad - we have no Pear Pizzazz Blends.  I used Old Olive Light and Dark, and Mossy Meadow Light)

For the card base, I used Highland Heather cardstock cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  The Highland Heather was a little darker than the flowers and really made them stand out.  I debated adding some tone-on-tone stamping on this layer, but decided I liked it plain instead.

The green layer tucked behind the flowers is Mossy Meadow.  This is not one of the colors from the leaves, but I loved the darkness behind the delicate flowers.  This layer is cut at 4 1/4" x 2 3/4".  The new Fern 3D Embossing Folder was used for texture.  So pretty.  I think this might become a new favorite of mine. 

To bring a greater definition between the Mossy Meadow and Highland Heather layers, I added a layer of Silver Foil cut at 4 1/2" x 3".  This layer also gives it some shine and really draws the eye to the design.  Mono Adhesive Liquid Glue was used to attached these together.  With any heavy embossing, I prefer to use the Liquid Glue to make sure it is really attached well.  I just hate for layers to pop off after it goes through the mail!

The cherry blossoms are attached directly to the Mossy Meadow layer.  These are also attached with Mono Adhesive Liquid Glue.  I left the design partly coming off the Mossy Meadow layer, because I like the look of not being totally contained in a space.

This whole layer was then attached to the card front using Dimensionals.  Love the pop this give to the card that is otherwise flat.

The sentiment is from the Forever Blossoms set too.  This was stamped onto Basic White using Gorgeous Grape ink.  I wanted to stick with the purple tones, but wanted it a bit darker.  This was punched out with the scalloped oval from the Double Oval Punch.  This is attached partially with adhesive on the left side and a Dimensional on the right side to keep it even.  Under the sentiment, three of the retiring 2021-2023 In Color Jewels in the Fresh Freesia color were added.  Don't know what I'm going to do without having these lovely jewels to tuck in everywhere.

The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The sentiment for the inside is also from the Forever Blossoms set and was stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink.  The loose flower in the set was stamped three times in the bottom corner using Highland Heather ink to finish it up.

I've used this set multiple times for anniversaries.  The sentiments and images really work well for both weddings and anniversaries.  Hope you like this idea.  As of right now, both the stamp set and dies are available, though I'm not sure how much longer that will be.  Either way, you only have until May 2nd to order this if you're interested.

Thanks for stopping in today.  I'm so sorry for the delay in getting this posted.  For those of you that are interested, my hubby is doing better at this time.  We've been running to doctors and clinics on a regular basis lately to get one thing or another checked out.  But if this is going to get him doing better and living many more years, it's all good!  Thank you for all your prayers and for the fun get well cards he has received.  And especially thanks for all the wonderful birthday cards that have been showing up in our mailbox for me.  You ladies are the best.  We appreciate you all so very much!

Blessings and lots of hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I like your use of foil - it really make the colors on this card sing!
    I'm glad to hear your hubby is improving - continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! We can certainly use all the prayers that are being said on our behalf. Thank you ! !

      Delete