Thursday, April 21, 2022

Sending Sunshine Card

 Hello friends!  Hope your day is going well so far.  I just found out a good friend is in the hospital again and having a rough time of it.  Since I'm too far away to pop in to visit, I felt I needed to send her a cheery card.  That was the plan behind this card I'm sharing today.  It's bright and cheery and hopefully it will brighten her day when she receives it in the mail.

I did say bright, didn't I?  You can't get too much brighter than yellows and oranges, right?  The focus for the card was the lovely Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper that's shown in the January - June 2022 Mini Catalog.  This is just one of the many tulip prints in the paper pack.  And all these gorgeous tulip prints just make me happy.  So it was a good place to start.

The Flowering Fields DSP sheet was cut into 4" x 6" pieces.  This card is made with just one of those pieces.  The piece was then cut down to 3 3/4" x 5", making sure to save the pieces thar are trimmed off.  The large piece is attached to a piece of Mango Melody cardstock that's cut to 5 1/4" x 4".  It's attached with adhesive.  Then this is attached to a folded So Saffron card base.  These are both colors that are listed for the Flowering Fields DSP so you know they match up nicely.  The 1" x 4" piece of DSP, that you already trimmed off, is flipped over to the back side.   It's then attached across the card front near the middle using adhesive.

Moving on to the focal items on the card, I have a new stamp and die bundle that I used here.  It's the Sending Smiles stamp set and Sending Dies.  The dies from the set that I used are the two "Sending" layers.  The detailed die cut some Basic White cardstock.  The framing die cut some Mango Melody cardstock.  I used MultiPurpose Liquid Glue to attach the white onto the Mango Melody die cut.  Then added Mini Dimensionals behind the Mango Melody to pop up the wording and attached at an angle across the card front.
TIP - in case you lose the little dot for the i, just do what I did.  Add one of the small Classic Matte Dots in white where the dot would be.  Just a special added touch and no one knows it was to fix an oops.  Well, I guess you do now!   ðŸ˜€



The sentiment used here is from the Sending Smiles stamp set.  There are eight different sentiments included in the set that all work with the "sending" stamp and dies.  There are also flowers, stems, and leaves included in the set, so it has it all.  This time the sentiment was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink onto a 5/8" x 3 3/4" strip of Basic White cardstock.  It was popped up with Dimensionals then attached to the center of the contrast strip on the card front.  It's barely tucked in under the s on the die-cut words to sort of connect them.

As an accent to the sentiment strip, I took two more of those small white Classic Matte Dots and a Mango Melody Dark Blending Pen to color them.  Then they are attached to the ends of the sentiment strip.  Such a pretty touch.

Do you remember that last little strip of DSP that was cut off the 4" x 6" piece?  It's 1/4" x 5".  I added it to the right edge of a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Basic White cardstock.  It's just a small addition, but it feels like a big impact when you see it finished.  This piece was then attached inside the card to write my own sentiment.  Or you could always stamp a sentiment of your choice if you didn't want to write, but you know I like to write notes.

That's it for today.  I need to get this note written and in the mail.  Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been creating lately.  It doesn't always need to be a total masterpiece.  Just something homemade by you to share with your loved ones and friends.  It really blesses the recipient - I know!

If you're still planning on ordering from the retired list, please do that soon.  Items are selling out and I really would hate to have you miss out on what you really want.  Have fun going over the retired list and check on all the items that are even discounted!  Can't miss there.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment