Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Potted Geraniums

Hello friend!  I've recently gotten the new Potted Geraniums stamp and die bundle.  I always had geraniums in Michigan, so I really needed this set.  Right?  So now that I have it, it's time to play around with the new set and see what I can do with it.  The first project I made uses just the dies to make the geraniums for the focal part, no stamping.  It was fun doing this for the first time out with the stamping only showing up on the sentiment.  Let me share with you what I used to make the card.

I love how pretty the card turned out!  It's bright, but not too bright for my tastes.  It starts out with a card base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Polished Pink cardstock.  This is folded in half for a basic card shape.  The first layer is Mint Macaron that's cut at 5 1/2" x 2" so it goes from top to bottom edges.  To give it some texture, I used the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder for that pretty dot design.  It was attached to the card base with MultiPurpose Liquid Glue about 1/2" from the left side.

The soft leafy print of DSP comes from the Design a Daydream Hostess DSP set.  The prints in this batch of papers are just so nice.  I knew this would be a lovely backdrop for the geranium dies.  The DSP is cut to 5" x 2" and is attached to the card front with adhesive.

I die-cut the geranium pieces first to see what size of layer I needed to place them on.  The back of the leaf die was cut from Mint Macaron to match the card.  For the detailed layer, I really like the look of the just retired Just Jade cardstock.  For the back layer of the flowers, I used Polished Pink to match.  None of the other pinks I had on hand worked for the detailed layer.  I ended up using a piece of Polished Pink and some Polished Pink ink and a Blending Brush to make my own darker color for the die-cut piece.  The colors match nicely and are just what I had in mind!  Yay, I love it when something goes from my mind to reality and actually works!!

I used the middle rectangle in the Scalloped Contours Die set.  This size was perfect for the geranium to rest on and was cut from Basic White cardstock.  It needed some texture, so I grabbed my faithful Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.  Yes, I know - it's retired.  But until Stampin'Up! comes up with another embossing folder that I like as well, I'm going to keep using this one.  Don't tell anybody though!

The die-cut pieces were attached to the white rectangle with adhesive to lay flat, except for the flowers which were attached with Mini Dimensionals to make them stand out a little more.

The sentiment came from the Botanical Layers set.  I liked the two different fonts and the size worked well on this design.  It was stamped in Polished Pink ink onto Basic White cardstock, then punched out with the Double Oval Punch.  To get just a tiny bit of color on the edge, I touched it to the Mint Macaron ink pad very lightly.  Just enough ink to separate it from the white background.  It was attached to the card with adhesive on the left side and a Dimensional on the right side so it lays flat.  

After checking out the bling situation, I added some of the retired 2021-2023 In Color Jewels.  The pink really stands out nicely on the sentiment oval.  I thought the extra three jewels reminded me of petals falling from the geraniums.

I guess I should apologize for using retired items again.  The thing it, I know most of you have these items in your stash.  So if I think they are the best item to use, I guess I'll keep using them.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone.  

There you have it - the first in a series of Geranium Cards.  Ta-da!  Of course, if it's the first, that means there will be more.  So that's all for today and I'll get myself back to my stamping table and see what other geranium projects I can make.  So far, this set is awesome to use and I love it. More coming later...

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. The layers on the geranium and its leaves are just perfect. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. I really do love this set!

      Delete