Thursday, June 9, 2022

Blue Fun Fold Card

Hello again!  I'm back today with another card in the Bottled Happiness series of ideas.  For some unknown reason, I've been drawn to the idea of the gorgeous colors of glass with this set - the dark blues and greens, maybe even browns.  Of course, I'm sure I'll definitely have some that are clear sooner or later.  But for right now, I'm leaning towards the dark colors.  For this card, I had the idea of one color of glass showing through another glass color.  Hope you think this worked out well.

The color of cardstock was chosen to match my blue glass bottle.  It's the new 2022-2024 In Color called Starry Sky.  Isn't it a gorgeous rich blue color?  It's cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", then scored at 4 1/4".  The front of the card was marked at 2 3/4" at the edge and was cut back to the score line.  This cuts off the top front on the card and gives me a piece that measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" that is used upright on the face of the card.

To cover the front piece that's still there, I cut a piece of the blue and white Sun Prints Designer Series Paper at 2 1/2" x 4".  These are some beautiful prints and it will be interesting to create with them.  This piece was attached to the front flap using adhesive.

Next a piece of Basic White cardstock was cut to go on the Starry Sky piece that was already cut off.  It's cut at 2 1/2" x 4".   I decided to use the tall bottle and a sentiment from the Bottled Happiness set.  Both of these stamps were placed on the Stamparatus and then inked with Starry Sky and stamped on the Basic White piece.  The shorter bottle was stamped on Vellum with Sahara Sand ink.  After drying, it was fussy cut with Paper Snips.  Using the Stamparatus again, the green stem was stamped in place with Pear Pizzazz ink.  Then the vellum bottle was attached over this.  The stamped panel was attached to the cut-off Starry Sky piece using adhesive.  Then it was all attached to the front panel.  Remember to put adhesive only under the bottom half where the front flap is!  This next picture shows the inside view of the card.

For the inside of the card, there's a piece of Basic White cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The large expanse of white bothered me, so I used a Blending Brush and Sahara Sand ink, along with the Adorning Design Decorative Masks, to faintly add a design around the edge of the top half of the card.

The sentiment from the Flowers of Friendship was stamped onto a label using Pear Pizzazz ink.  Using a Blending Brush, a very small amount of Starry Sky ink was brushed around the edge.  This made it stand out from the white background and defined it better.  The sentiment was attached inside the card with adhesive making sure it was covered completely by the front panel.

I still had a small piece of the DSP cut and sitting on my table, since I had miscut the piece I needed in the beginning.  Oh well, it was either throw it out or find a place to use it.  So, on the left inside of the card, it's layered on Basic White then attached to the card.  It's just a way to bring the design more to the inside of the card.  It also breaks up all the blue on the that side of the card.  And I didn't have to throw out any of that cute DSP!

I thought the card needed something more to dress it up.  Really didn't care for either rhinestones or sequins on this design.  I tried a bow made from the 1/8" Metallic Woven Ribbon in the Parakeet Party color.  This seemed to be just the accent I was looking for.  It adds a little shine and adds to the green stem in the bottle.  A win-win situation all around!

That's two down in my Bottled Happiness series of ideas.  Not sure where I'm headed for the next idea, but it will be fun to figure it out.  I hope you stay with me on this adventure.

Thanks for stopping in again to see what's going on.  I hope you're enjoying these series of cards I've been doing.  It's making me use my new stamps and get comfortable with them instead of putting them on a shelf and forgetting I have them.  Of course, I'm sure you don't ever do that, do you?  As ideas, you can make card exactly like these, or take the idea and put it with your own supplies and see what you come up with.  It's always fun to create, and sometimes it a real adventure too when things don't work out just the way you thought they would.  But that's where we learn and grow in this process of creating!  You never know what masterpiece is just around the corner for you to make.  Have fun each and every step of the way and I'll be here cheering you on!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon
 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I thought the green bottle was pretty, but the blue is gorgeous! I like the overlap with the Vellum bottle and the green bow is the perfect accent. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. I'm not sure which I like better. Maybe I need to try lighter, greenish-blue tone next. What would you try??

      Delete
    2. I really like sea glass - I've been making my own faux sea glass vases by using a specialty spray paint on cleaned salad dressing, condiment bottles. I've using a light yellow, a soft green and a deep teal. Maybe a deep teal?

      Delete
    3. That sounds so interesting! Maybe I'll try the deep teal. Actually any of them sound good. I love the look of sea glass.

      Delete