Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Two Versions of a New Fun Fold Idea

 Good Morning!  It's always fun to get two for the price of one, isn't it?  Well today, I have two totally different looking versions of the same fun fold for you.  They both use the Rings of Love Designer Series Paper that I think most of you might own since it's free during Sale-a-Bration.  And if it's free, you might as well get it and use it.  Right?  Since today is August 31st, it's the very last day of Sale-a-Bration.  With that said, we needed to use something from Sale-a-Bration to celebrate the past two months.  So here we go...

This is a terrific way to showcase two sides of DSP that you really like and don't want to hide one of the sides.  Come on, I know there are prints in those DSP packs that you really don't care for, so you use only the 'good' side.  Well, on this one, I liked both sides and thought they would play nice together.  And all the bits and the tree ring on the top layer are all fussy cut from a piece of that same DSP.  So I guess I couldn't go wrong here!

To start, you need two pieces of cardstock that measure 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  That means one half sheet of cardstock, cut in half.  One of those pieces need to be scored at 2 3/4" and folded in half.  For this card, I used Soft Suede for these.  Next you need one piece of DSP that measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This needs to be scored at 1 3/4" making sure any directional print is going up and down.  Lastly, you need two pieces of Basic White that measure 2 1/2" x 4" - one to go on the front and one for inside to write your sentiments.

After scoring the DSP, attach it to one of the Soft Suede layers lining up the top and bottom.  You should have a 1/4" border on each side.  For this card, I embossed one of the white layers with the Tree Rings Embossing Folder.  Afterwards I very lightly brushed on Crumb Cake and touches of Soft Suede ink with a Blending Brush.  This really did emphasize the embossing nicely without being way too busy looking.  This is attached to the folded Soft Suede layer making sure the fold in on the RIGHT side!  The other white layer is attached inside this mini card.

With all the fussy cut pieces I had done from a corner of the DSP, I chose a tree ring from one side of the paper, and some mushrooms, a berry sprig and butterfly from the other side to enhance the front of the card. The tree ring was added on flat with adhesive, while the other pieces all used Dimensionals to attach them.

The sentiment is from the Charming Sentiments Bundle.  It's stamped with Evening Evergreen ink onto Basic White cardstock.  Then it's die-cut with the coordinating die in the bundle.  This is a great sentiment set as there are so many to choose from.  Plus each of the sentiments has it's own die to match.  If you like the look of sentiments cut out like this, but could never get it cut just right, this bundle is definitely for you!  Here it's popped up on Dimensionals on top of the tree ring.

To attach the sentiment layers, you need to attach the backside to the inside layer.  Again, make sure the fold is on the RIGHT side.  Use adhesive to attach in the center of the card as shown.

To close, fold in the flap on the left, then the top flap from the right.  That gives you the two folds and shows both of the Designer Paper prints.  It's easy to do but fun.  Plus it folds up nice and flat for mailing.  Yay!


You know me, if I try something new, I usually have to make another one right away, so I don't forget what I did.  LOL  Of course, you never have problems like that.  Anyway,  I thought I'd use another of the Tree Rings DSP prints and change things up a little.  Boy did I ever!  I chose to use Poppy Parade cardstock as it was one of the colors listed to match with the paper.  I knew I didn't want to do another floral design because that's always what I do.  So...  Here we are with a cute little ladybug instead!

I think she turned out pretty dog-gone cute.  Mint Macaron was the greenish-color in the plaid so I carried that through to the large leaf.  The little ladybug is punched from both Basic Black and Poppy Parade cardstocks.  The black wing-dots were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  She is attached to the card front with Dimentionals, with added Dimensionals under her wings to help her take off and fly.  As an added bonus, she has eight Classic Matte Dots added to her wings for some bling.  She insisted it didn't make her wings too heavy to fly.

The sentiment came from the Nature's Prints stamp set.  It's been stamped with Night of Navy ink.

Hope you enjoyed these two versions of a new fun fold.  I don't think I'd ever made one just like this before.  So, it's another one for the Fun Fold File.  Have fun giving this idea a try and let me know what you think of it.  

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. And that happens way too often! Thanks for the comment, Barb.

    ReplyDelete