Sunday, October 30, 2022

Fitting Florets Collection

Hello friends and a blessed Sunday to you!  Hope all is well with you as we wind down another month.  Can you believe October is almost just a memory?  Yikes, this year has gone by just too quickly for me.  Today's post is a little bit different than usual, at least in the way I'm thinking of it.  Usually, I focus on a stamp set or dies and plan my project around that.  Or maybe the focus is on a new fun-fold that I've come across.  Well today I want to have a double focus - both a die set and a Designer Paper pack.  The new Fitting Florets Collection will be available for purchase on November 1st and there's so many good facets of this Collection that I want you to share with you.  Just a reminder that the Framed Florets stamp and die bundle will be in the new Mini Catalog that premiers next January so that's good.  But the other three parts of the Collection will only be available through January 4th - or as long as supplies last!  So that's why I'm focusing on the Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper today because it's so pretty.

When I sat at my table yesterday, I thought it'd be fun to try using at least two of the DSP prints on the card.  After making one, I had extra 'paper trinkets' left over and still had ideas running through my little head.  So, I made two cards instead and I'm sharing both today.  Hope you like them and get inspired to do a little creating yourself.

My idea when starting these cards was to use the multi-colored floral print with the die-cuts to come up with the finished project.  The Balmy Blue and Evening Evergreen geometric print is the backside of the multi-color floral.  I wanted to try putting them together for a different look.

The Framed Florets Dies come with three different oval frames.  To start, I used the heart frame that you can see cuts small hearts into an oval frame.  Very cute.  When it cuts the hearts out, it does not cut anything else.  I used the smaller oval frame to cut out the center inside the heart oval.  This actually cuts out an oval frame and a smaller oval inside piece.  So, at this point I had three oval pieces to use.  I kept two, but the center oval I set aside for later.  I recut that same frame from Basic White cardstock and used the center oval for this card.

I chose to use Blushing Bride cardstock as my card base as that's one of the colors in the DSP print.  I used Foam Adhesive Strips behind the floral print to attach it to the folded card base.  I did this because the tiny hearts show up better with the shadowing behind them.

Next the oval frame of DSP was turned over and attached flat inside the heart oval on the card front using adhesive.  I stamped a sentiment from the Wisteria Wishes stamp set using Evening Evergreen ink onto the Basic White oval that I had just die-cut.  Then this was attached in the center of the frame using Dimensionals to pop it up.  I liked the definition between the layers with some higher or lower.  It just gives it a different look rather than always building layers up higher.

The next step was die-cutting several leafy sprays from Evening Evergreen cardstock for accents.  Then I fussy cut a floral cluster that was bigger than but coordinated with the small print on the card front.  It really didn't take too long to do this, and you get such pretty pieces to put on your cards!  After cutting this out, it was just a matter of arranging the die-cut pieces under the flowers.  The die-cut pieces were attached with adhesive.  The flowers were popped up over these using Dimensionals.  The three Festive Pearls in gold were added as bling for an accent.  

I just love all that's going on with this card to keep your interest.  So, that one is done, but there's the inside of that oval that I still need to figure out.  Right?  I could have just left it for another day, but this was sort of a challenge to me.  So, back to the Fitting Florets DSP to see what else is there and what I can maybe do with it.


So here we are.  Do you see that Evening Evergreen and Balmy Blue geometric print again?  What do you think of it with the pretty blue flowers?  I love this card even better than the first!  I started out with a Balmy Blue card base and added a skinny Basic White layer between that and the blue floral DSP print.  Each were added to the card base using adhesive to keep it all nice and flat.

When I was going through my Balmy Blue cardstock, I found a scalloped oval die-cut from a previous project that fit behind the geometric print fairly decently.  It wasn't perfect, but the floral accents would hide the extra blue cardstock.  

For all the floral accents here, I used the Framed Florets stamp set to stamp flowers, leaves, and a spray of berries onto some Basic White cardstock.  I used Balmy Blue, Evening Evergreen, and Soft Succulent Blends for coloring the pieces.   A bit of Wink of Stella was added to highlight a few pieces.  After coloring, all the pieces were die-cut with the coordinating dies.  Two of the leafy sprays were also die-cut from Balmy Blue and Soft Sea Foam to accent.  The items were all attached to the ovals by using adhesive except for the largest flower which has a Dimensional behind it.  This whole piece was attached to the center of the card front using Dimensionals.  

The sentiment is from the Framed Florets set also.  It's stamped onto a 3/4" piece of Basic White using Evening Evergreen ink.  The ends were flagged with the Banners Pick a Punch, then added to the card with Dimensionals.  The final touch was adding Iridescent Pearls as accents.  They mimicked the white berries on the DSP print.

Okay, there you have my take on mix & match DSP prints.  I seldom use more than one print on a card, but this was fun trying something outside the box for me.  Hope you're enjoying some up-close looks at the new Fitting Florets Collection that is available soon.  I'm having so much fun creating with these items that I imagine I'll be sharing more ideas using them.  In fact, I have at least one more that Connie and I did together using these that you'll enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I always appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to check in.  I'd love to hear from you and read your comments. 

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment