Friday, December 16, 2022

Cottage Wreath Christmas

Hello all!  I have to know, does the weather affect your frame of mind?  I never thought it made all that much of a difference to me.  But the last week or two opened my eyes to how much it really does make a difference.  We've been having cold and dreary, rainy days every single day for over a week, and it really started to get to me.  Today I woke up to sunshine and blue skies and my attitude has changed immensely!  All of a sudden, I have inspiration to get things done and energy to do it!  So let's get started with sharing a Christmas card.  This might be the last Christmas card I share as it's getting so close to Christmas.  I just got my pre-order delivered with all the new products I ordered from the new mini catalog that goes live on January 5th.  If you haven't gotten your catalog in the mail yet, let me know so I can check on it's whereabouts.  I'm so excited to sit down and play with the fun things that came in that box.  I guess Christmas came early for me!!  But back to this last Christmas card...

It's not only Christmas themed, but a fun fold card too!  That makes it just about perfect in my book.  The card starts out with two quarter pieces of Mint Macaron cardstock that measure 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  These are the front and back panels of the finished card.  Also cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock that measures 5" x 1 1/2" for layering later.

A Basic White piece comes next.  This measures 5 1/4" x 11".  It's scored at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7 1/2", and 9 1/4".  Fold the two outer score lines to the back and fold the two inner score lines in towards the center.  This gives you almost a gatefold card that doesn't meet in the middle.  Are you with me so far?  Correction:  Thanks Kathy for finding the mistake I made in measuring.  These figures should now be correct.

I think from this picture you should be able to tell where the folds are and how they're folded.

There are two pieces of the Splendid Day Designer Series Paper that are cut next.  I used the Soft Seafoam and Basic White pearlized print for this. They measure 5 1/4" x 4" and 4 3/4" x 1 1/4".  The larger DSP piece gets attached to one of the Mint Macaron quarter pieces for the front panel using adhesive.  The smaller piece is attached to the smaller Mint Macaron strip.  

There is a Shaded Spruce layer cut that measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/2".   A Basic White piece measuring 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" is cut for the stamped images.  The leafy wreath from Cottage Wreaths stamp set found on page 59 was stamped on this using Mint Macaron ink.  Over this, multiple evergreen stems were stamped with Shaded Spruce ink to fill it in nicely.  

Shaded Spruce ink was also used to stamp the sentiment along the bottom.  The sentiment comes from the Peace to You stamp set found on page 41 of the July - December Mini Catalog.  Another sentiment from the set was used to stamp inside the scored and folded card as shown.  

Putting the card together, start with the back Mint Macaron panel.  Centering the folded white panel, attach it to the Mint Macaron in the center.  Using adhesive only on the left folded panel, attach it to the back of the front Mint Macaron and DSP piece.  This should be lined up with the back panel, so you only see a card front and no extra edges peeking out.  The skinny strip of DSP should be attached to the skinny Mint Macaron strip with adhesive.  This is attached to the folded panel on the front right side of the card.  Check above photo for placement.

The stamped white cardstock piece was attached to the Shaded Spruce piece using adhesive.  This was attached to the card front using Dimensionals.  A retired sheer white/ iridescent ribbon was tied into a bow and attached to the card front between the wreath and sentiment using Mini Glue Dots.  An assortment of small green iridescent Seasonal Sequins were scattered around the wreath to give it some sparkle.

Hope you like this card idea.  If you have questions about this fun fold and how it's put together, just call and I'll be happy to help.  If you're totally done making your Christmas cards, start thinking about using this fun fold to make some cute birthday, or even Valentine cards.  Oh my goodness!!   Did I really just mention Valentine's Day?  I didn't mean to jump ahead of myself so far.  I'm not thinking that far ahead myself yet.  I've still got Christmas cookies to make and gifts to buy and decorating to do!  Oh my!  So it's time I leave you and get back to work on my lists.

Until next time, keep at those Christmas cards.  Get them finished and in the mail.  Your family and friends will love getting them so it's all worth it!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you used the Splendid Day paper with this lovely wreath. The fold will certainly make it easy to display this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the card stands up so easily for display. Here's hoping someone wants to display it!

    ReplyDelete