Monday, November 27, 2023

Blue Tree Card

Hello!  It's been so cold here the last few days.  The temps have been in the low 30's and quite breezy, but at least there is sunshine today.  The wind is doing a good job of knocking down the leaves.  We have so many trees that my hubby is out there blowing them every day.  We started getting all the outdoor decorations placed.  They are all coming along nicely, so we're taking a break.  At least I get to stay inside for a while where it's toasty warm and cozy.  All the cold was making me think about cards in blues and silvers.  You know I like my blue cards, so let's share another one today.

It was so funny trying to take the pictures of this card.  The silver layer is so shiny that all the pics were showing a reflection of my arm.  Didn't think you wanted to see my blue arm in the photo.  At least my sweater matched the card!

The card base is Blueberry Bushel.  It measures 11" x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half. The first layer is the shiny Silver Foil.  It's cut to 5 1/4" x 4".  Before attaching this to the card base, cut a rectangle from the center with the Scalloped Contours Dies.  No one will see the hole in the layer because it will be hidden.  Attach with adhesive to keep it flat so far.

The next layer is from the Winter Meadow DSP, and it measures 5" x 3 3/4".  This is the third time I've used this lovely print on the cards I've shared.  There is just something about it that draws me to it, and I keep reaching for this print all the time.  Looks like it needs to go on my shopping list because I've just about used it all except for some scraps.  Anyway, this layer is attached over the silver layer using adhesive.

A tree was cut from Blueberry Bushel cardstock using the Forever Forest Dies.  This is mounted onto the die-cut silver rectangle that was already cut.  It's attached with adhesive along the left edge of the silver with part of the branches hanging over the edge.  A piece of the Silver and White 1/2" Sheer Ribbon was wrapped around near the bottom and tied into a knot.  Trim the ends with snips.  I like the added ribbon here, because it looks so shivery cold.  This layer is added to the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Stars At Night Bundle.  I love the font on this Merry Christmas greeting.  It is stamped with Blueberry Bushel ink onto a Basic White piece.   A favorite retired punch from Stampin'Up! was used because it fit nicely.  It's attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

The inside of the card starts with a layer of Basic White cardstock cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  It features another of the die-cut Blueberry Bushel trees from the Forever Forest set.  There is also a 1" strip of the same DSP print that I had leftover.  I made use of it attached near the bottom of the Basic White layer.

The sentiment is from the Wishes All Around stamp set.  It's stamped in Blueberry Bushel ink.  The layer is attached inside the card, as usual, with adhesive.

There are a few other embellishments to finish the card.  One of the stars in the Stars At Night Bundle was die-cut from the More Dazzle Specialty Paper.  I liked the glittery-ness of the star because it contrasted nicely with the shiny silver.  It's attached with a Mini Glue Dot. It's also partially off the silver layer to help it stand out.

There are also some Blueberry Bushel gems added to the card.  They're from the Tinsel Gems Four-Pack.  Instead of snowflakes or clear gems, I thought the blue ones were the perfect accent.

That's it for today's card share.  If you've got the items used, this card goes together so quickly!  If you're wanting to make multiples of these cards, just do everything in stages and put together when all the pieces are ready.  Easy peasy.  

PS, did you notice the blue sleeve reflection at the bottom of this photo?  You should have seen the contortions I went through to get these pictures without a reflection.  You would have been laughing at me like crazy.  

Thanks for stopping by to see what's new.  Hope this card inspires you to get going on your Christmas card making.  It's always a pleasure to send your own hand-made cards to let family and friends know you care about them, and they are very special to you.  Come by again for another card idea.  I love sharing them with you.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment