Monday, December 4, 2023

Back with More Stars at Night

Hi all.  Seems like there's been a little flu bug going around in the area and it made a visit to our family members.  Wasn't that nice?  Can you hear the sarcasm?  Seems like something is always happening to throw me off track lately.  But we pick ourselves up and carry on.  The card for today was made before things got bogged down.  But it's still a lovely card and, it's time to share this with you.  I love the Stars At Night set!  The stars are beautiful, and I love that the set has a hybrid embossing folder/die set that work together to die-cut stars with incredible embossed detail.  When it's used with the Silver or Gold Foil Papers, oh my!  Let's get started and you can see what I mean.

See?  Gorgeous, right?  I love all the bits of detail on this card that look like a lot of work, but it's quite easy to get done.  The card starts with a card base of Night of Navy.  Yes, I'm stuck on my navy and silver Christmas look.  The base measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" that's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half to make a regular card.  

The front of the card base is embossed with the Snowflake Sky Embossing Folder found in the Mini Catalog.  Because the front of the card is embossed, there is extra texture without adding any extra bulk on the card.  But it adds another layer of appeal to the design.

The strip of a starry sky comes from the Oh Holy Night Designer Series Paper.  I had a strip of this paper that was only 1 1/2" wide.  What can you do with that?  I think it packs a big wow on this card carrying through with the starry night feel of the card.  I cut it at 5 1/4" long and attached it to a strip of Silver Foil Specialty Paper that measures 1 3/4" x 5 1/2".  They are layered together with adhesive. Then this is attached to the card front using adhesive about 1/2" from the left side.

A piece of Silver Foil was cut a little larger than the largest star in the Hybrid Embossing Folder.  The matching die was added in the folder over the stars before embossing and cutting at the same time.  Awesome.  I'm amazed at how detailed the embossed images are on this star!  I thought it would need some other stars layered here, but it already looks like it has layers on it.  I had to touch it several times to make sure I hadn't layered a star on it already.  So, why mess with it?  I left it as is and only used a single layered star here.  The star is attached to the card front using Dimensionals for mounting.  It is not layered symmetrically on the strips, but over to the right onto the snowflake sky.

The sentiment used is from the Night Divine set.  I've mentioned before how much I love these sentiments and have used them often.  The sentiment is stamped on a Basic White cardstock piece using Night of Navy ink.  Then it is fussy cut around it.  It's attached to the card front to the right side using Mini Dimensionals.

The inside of the card is stamped on a Basic White cardstock layer that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The sentiment used here is from the Brightest Glow stamp set found in the Annual Catalog.  It's stamped in Night of Navy ink to match the rest of the card.

There is a star cluster stamped in the bottom right corner of the card.  This comes from the Stars at Night set.  It is inked in Night of Navy ink then off-stamped before stamping on the card to give it a slightly softer look.  The layer is attached inside the card using adhesive.

Now, for the embellishments.  I tried several different gems and sequins on the card for the crisp, clear night sky look.  I finally chose the Rhinestone Basic Jewels that are clear.  That gave me the best look of stars in the night sky.

The center of the large star needed something a little more impressive than the clear rhinestones.  I chose the Tinsel Gems 3 Pack with this lovely blue gem.  The catalog says it's Misty Moonlight, but I thought it worked perfectly here.

Of course, you could easily turn this card into a landscape look by just changing the orientation of the star and sentiment.  Maybe I'll do one that way too and see which way I like it better.

Thanks for stopping in to see what is being created around here.  It's funny how often I go down to my stamp room planning on working with a certain set.  Then before I know it, I've got something totally different in front of me that I'm working on.  There are still some ideas floating around in my head that use the Night Divine dies that I haven't gotten around to yet.  I'd like to say I'll get going on that tomorrow, but who knows what the day will bring.  I might not even be working on Christmas things tomorrow.  We'll see what happens.

Have you had a chance to check out all the items being retired from the 2023 September - December Mini Catalog?  Some of my favorites won't be coming back again.  Such a shame.  But that means there will be more new goodies in the future.  If there is anything you've had your eye on in that Mini Catalog, please don't hesitate to order before it's sold-out.  Feel free to get in touch with me if you need help ordering.  I'd be happy to help.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments: