Monday, January 1, 2024

Meandering Meadows Cards

Happy New Year my friends!!!  The tree and all the twinkling lights (both inside and out), and those little bits of Christmas decorating that are scattered all around the house are now put away for another year.  The house always looks so empty when all the trimmings are put away.  sigh.  But on to fun things.  Hope you enjoyed your partying last night.  We had fireworks still going off around here at 3am.  I finally fell asleep when they were still going off.  So much for a quiet New Year's Eve!  Well, are you ready to jump in on the stamping fun?  I'm starting out the new year with two versions of a similar card.  Here we go...

I've been kicking around a plan to use the Irresistible Blooms die to cut the center out and add one of the gorgeous new prints from the Meandering Meadow Designer Series Paper that is an Online Exclusive.  These prints are so lovely I almost hate to cut into them.  But I did and here are the results.  I started with the blue one so that's what we'll talk about first.

This card started out by deciding which print from the Meandering Meadow DSP that I wanted to use here.  I love the all-over print of flowers (lupine or something like that?)  Anyway, they are beautiful, and I wanted to showcase this inside the cute Irresistible Blooms circular frame.

Next step was deciding on the blue color.  I chose to use Blueberry Bushel that was cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  Then the circle was die-cut in the center.

The DSP print was positioned behind the circle and measured to fit.  I trimmed this to about 3 3/4" x 4".  It's attached behind the die-cut area with a little "green glue".  

The Sheer Ribbon Combo Pack in the Annual Catalog has a pretty Bubble Bath colored ribbon that looked nice with the pink flowers.  A length was tied around the side of this layer and tied in a knot near the top left side.  

This whole layer was attached to a folded Bubble Bath cardstock base that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  The layer was attached with Dimensionals to give it definition.

Since the card base is Bubble Bath, the sentiment was stamped on the same color.  The sentiment comes from the Lasting Joy stamp set.  It's stamped with Blueberry Bushel ink onto a 1/2" wide strip.  The ends were trimmed then flagged with the Banner Pick a Punch on both ends.

Using another piece of Bubble Bath, a flowering plant for the matching Garden Meadow stamp was used.  It's colored with Shaded Spruce and Blueberry Bushel Light and Dark Blends.  Then it's die-cut with the matching die set.  

Both the label and the flowers are attached to the card with Mini Dimensionals as shown.  Three of the 2022-2024 In Color Pearls in Starry Sky were added as a finishing touch.

Now let's check out the other version...

This card uses the same sheet of DSP, but this time it's the other side with the tranquil scene.  I still thought the Bubble Bath cardstock worked nicely.  It's cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  After it was die-cut, the piece was embossed with the Softly Sophisticated 3D Embossing Folder that is one of the fun items available during Sale-a-bration. It's a combo with the Softly Sophisticated stamp set.  I just love this delicate design!  You can order and get these free starting January 4th!  Woo Hoo!

Again, the DSP was measured and cut to fit behind the circular die-cut.  A little bit of the "green glue" was used around the edge of the circle.  I didn't add any glue to the die-cut design area.  That's left loose.

The smallest die from the Tailored Tags die set was used to cut a Basic White tag for the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Softly Sophisticated set that you can earn free during Sale-a-bration.  It's such a pretty set that is just my style.  And the three sentiments that are part of this set will become a standard staple for me, I'm sure.

The sentiment was stamped with Starry Sky ink for this card.  After stamping the tag, the Metallic Woven Ribbon in Starry Sky was wrapped around the layer of the card twice then tied into a knot.  The tag was strung on to the ribbon.  Then the rest of the ribbon was tied into a bow.  Adjust the ribbon to where you want it, then use a Dimensional underneath the end of the tag to keep it steady.

The card base this time is Starry Sky cardstock.  It measures 11" x 4 1/4" and is scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  For this card, I used two strips of Tear & Tape between the layers to hold it securely to the front of the card.

As I was writing this and looking at the pictures, I realized I had put no bling on it!  Oops!  How could I have forgotten that?  I'm not sure what I'll end up using, but you can be sure that some sort of bling will be added.  Maybe those same 2022-2024 In Color Pearls in Starry Sky will work here too.

One last peek at this card.  Not sure why it looks faded out to almost white here.  It really makes a difference how the light is shining on the cards as to what color I get.  I'm not very good at this photography stuff, am I?  Anyway, I like both cards, but I'm a little partial to this version.  How about you?  Which one do you prefer?  Let me know what you like.

I hope you've enjoyed looking through and dreaming about your new Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration Brochure.  Have you been making lists of what you simply must have?  Yes, I have too!  If you haven't received your copy yet, please get in touch with me and I'd be happy to send one out to you.  Just a little reminder that ordering from both of these catalogs starts January 4th.  And don't forget to check the Clearance Rack and Online Exclusives that are available to you.  Enjoy your shopping!



Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment