Friday, January 26, 2024

Sending... Card Set

Hello, hello!  What a week this has been so far.  Weatherwise we've gone from below freezing to the low 70's today.  Plus, there were heavy fog and rainy days too.  It's confusing trying to figure out what to expect and make plans to go out accordingly.  The weather has been really messing with my sinuses too.  Argh!  I feel like I'm falling apart some days!!  But today was a pretty good one and I got a few things accomplished.  Yesterday was a good mail day with several lovely cards delivered.  One in particular really caught my eye and I could easily translate the idea into a sympathy card that I needed.  So that was my plan for today and I had fun playing with the idea.  In fact, it turned into three cards.

Here's the card my friend Jean sent.  It's so pretty and after the foggy days we've been having, it put me in the mood for this softer Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper.  Yes, I know it was from the winter Mini Catalog, but I like it so that's what I used.

Jean used Basic White, Misty Moonlight, and a glossy white cardstock for the white layer on the sending.  It's so pretty, and it really inspired me to do some playing this afternoon.

This is the first card I worked on because I needed a sympathy card.  The first step to making these cards is cutting a 5" wide strip of the DSP from the 12" x12" sheet.  Then a piece was cut at 3 3/4" to be the print layer on this card.  A piece of Basic White cardstock was cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and folded in half for the card base.  

The Misty Moonlight cardstock layer was cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  The print layer was attached to this with adhesive.  Then these layers were attached to the card base with adhesive also.

The word dies from the Sending Die set were cut next.  The "bubble" layer was cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock.  For the white sending layer, I attached a strip of Adhesive Sheets (pg 138) to the back of a Basic White strip the same size, then cut.  It was so easy to take the backing off the word and layer it onto the blue layer.  I think these adhesive sheets make layering detailed things like this so much easier.

With the leftover white cardstock with the sticky backing, I die-cut several white flowers for a subtle accent on the card.  The die is from the same set.

The sentiment was stamped on Basic White with Misty Moonlight ink.  Then one of the skinny label dies from the same set was used to cut it out.

Both the "sending" and the label were attached to the card front with Mini Dimensionals.

Super tiny pearls from many years ago were added to the flower centers for an accent.

That was fun and I still had more of the DSP already cut, so why not put together another card or two?

This card has Orchid Oasis cardstock for the base layer of the card.  A layer of Basic White was added to frame the DSP.  

The sending bubble layer was Orchid Oasis with the same white layer on top of it.

The birthday sentiment is from the same set and is stamped with Orchid Oasis ink.  It's die-cut just like the first card.  The pieces were attached with Mini Dimensionals.

The gems used are a Berry Burst color from Tinsel Gems Four-Pack.  I liked how they picked up some of the mauve-y tones in the branches.

This card was changed to a horizontal look for fun.  The color layer is back to Misty Moonlight again.  It's used for the bubble layer of the sentiment too.

The words are from the same set.  This time when I die-cut the words, they were tucked over to one side so it's a much smaller label.   The "sending" word is attached flat to the card front, but the label is popped up with Mini Dimensionals.

The accent for this card is three of the Misty Moonlight color gems from the Tinsel Gems Three-Pack.  They picked up the color from the layers and the print.

Here are my three cards together.  Thank you, Jean, for a lovely card for inspiration.  Now I can get that sympathy card in the mail and still have two more cards for my stash.  

Hope you enjoyed this look at using the same piece of DSP and the same stamp set and still get some slightly different cards.  Of course, you can use any DSP you love and have on hand to play around like this.  You can change up the wording to make cards for birthdays, sympathy, thinking of you, or others.  Just enjoy yourself and have fun creating!


Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love this paper and adding those cute little white flowers was a great idea.
    Our weather has been crazy, too. Last week we had two days off from school (one for severe cold and one because pipes burst in the preschool wing!) followed by one this week for ice! The rest of this week was very foggy. Yikes - what I time to be doing a long-term sub position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like our weather has been very similar to yours. The fog has been going on 3-4 days now. Not fun for driving. Stay warm and dry! Yes, you should be doing the subbing in the warmer weather, except then you'd want to be outside. ; )

      Delete
  2. I really like all the cards using this paper. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I'm on my second set of this paper since I seem to gravitate to it alot. Your cards are giving me more ideas. I have the Sending bundle and never thought of it with this DSP. Thank you for inspiring me...again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for your kind words. I agree with you that this paper is very nice. I'll miss it when mine is gone.

      Delete