Thursday, March 14, 2024

Easter Lilies in Pink

Hey my friends!  Hope you're having a great day on this sunshiny Thursday.  We've got to enjoy the lovely weather today because the rain and colder weather is right around the corner again.  I'm trying to figure out how it manages to rain every weekend lately.  Today it's nice enough that my dear hubby is out doing yardwork like spraying for spiders, ants, wood bees, and wasps.  Doesn't that sound like fun?!  Guess it's spring when the wood bees come out.  Before we moved here, I'd never heard of them.  Quick lesson, they like to drill holes into wood and nest in there.  Who wants small holes about 1/4" - 1/2" in diameter drilled into their wooden deck? What a mess and we're not happy about it.  Wow, I surely got carried away there!  Did you say you came by here to get some stamping inspiration?  Ok, let's get back on track.  Today's card is using the lovely Easter Lilies Bundle found in the current mini catalog.  I'm just lovin' this set and the cards made using it.  Come create with me...

Isn't this lovely?  The colors just remind me of Easter dresses and pastel jellybeans.  Love it!  The card has an easy fun fold that shows off both sides of the DSP so it's perfect for the Hello, Irresistible Designer Series Paper that is still available as an Online Exclusive.  

 To start, I chose a piece of Soft Sea Foam green cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This is scored at 2 1/8" and again at 4 1/4".  The right edge of the front flap is folded back on itself to make the fun fold.  See, I told you it was easy.

The Hello, Irresistible DSP used here comes as a 6" x 6" paper pack.  Pay attention to both the front and back of the piece of DSP you choose to make sure they go together nicely.  The front piece of DSP is cut to measure 5 1/4" x 4".  I cut a 3/4" piece from the top edge first (I wanted less yellow on the front of the card).  Keep that 3/4" piece for use inside the card later.  Then cut 2" from one of the sides to make the width 4".  Layer this piece onto the front of the folded card and attach only on the fold-back half of the front.  I used two strips of Tear & Tape that I attached to the fold-back front area, then laid down the DSP to attach.  Keep the edges nice and even.

Next up was creating the lilies.  The two lily pieces were stamped on Petal Pink cardstock using Flirty Flamingo ink.  The stem, leaves, and buds were stamped on Soft Sea Foam cardstock using Soft Sea Foam ink.  I used a Blender Pen and a little coordinating ink to add a little extra color to each piece.  The stamens on the open lily were colored with the Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin' Blends.  I got those a little thicker than I wanted but decided to stick with it.  To mimic the spots on the inside of lilies, I used a Copper Clay Stampin' Blends to flick a little ink on the open flower only.  Each piece was die-cut with the coordinating die and set aside for a few minutes.

The sentiment comes from same stamp set.  It's stamped onto a Basic White cardstock strip that is about 3/4" wide.  Copper Clay ink was used for stamping both here and inside the card too.  The strip was trimmed to 4" and added to the card front about 1/2" or so from the bottom of the DSP.

The lily pieces were placed on the card front to fit, then attached.  The open lily petals were curled back using a bone folder to give it some dimension.  To attach, only one Dimensional was used in the center of the flower.  The stem and leaves were attached with adhesive.  The partially open lily was attached with adhesive.  Then the buds were attached.  A Mini Dimensional was placed near the tip of each bud, but the stem end was attached with adhesive under the open lily.  I like how this makes the buds look like they're separated from the lily and not just flat.

This is a top view so you can see how the fold works.  The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The 3/4" piece of DSP that was cut originally is attached to the side of the Basic White and trimmed to fit.  This pink print is the backside of the front piece.
The sentiment is stamped with Copper Clay ink onto the white.  This sentiment is not a Stampin'Up! stamp.  I find it's sometimes hard to get a holiday sentiment that says what I want it to say.  This stamp has a label that says 2003 so I don't think it's available anymore.  Then the piece was attached inside the card.  Make sure the layer stays hidden behind the front piece when the card is closed.

Last peek of this Easter lily card.  I love how it all came together.  And I especially love the gorgeous pastel colors here.  This card is one of the favorites of what I've created in a while.  It just makes me happy to look at it.  Oh my, is that a grinning smile on my face?  Yup, I love this card!

Enough about me loving this card.  What do you think of it?  Hope you like it too.  This fun fold is so simple, and I love how it stands up nicely by itself.  Guess this is a good one to leave sitting out on the mantle or dining room table.  Hope you give this a try and enjoy making one too.  Let me know how it goes.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Love the DSP background - have you been peeking in my craft room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you been using this paper for Easter too? It's just perfect!

      Delete