Friday, March 1, 2024

Translucent Floral

Hello everyone.  Hope you're staying warm and dry today.  My grandsons have their season home opener baseball game for the school team today.  At this time, the weather is only 38 degrees and raining heavily.  Hmm, maybe March 1st isn't the perfect day for a baseball game.  We try to support the boys by going to games, but that's not happening today.  Of course, if we did drive to the game which is 45 minutes away, they'd probably cancel the game and we'd have made the trip for nothing.  Argh!  So, we'll stay snug and dry at home this afternoon.  Instead of worrying about the rain, let's talk about the Translucent Florals stamp set and dies that are carry-overs from the 2023 Sept - Dec Mini Catalog.  I really hadn't taken the time before Christmas to play with these, so I was happy they are a carry-over item.  Plus, the coordinating Delightful Florals Designer Series Paper is available as an Online Exclusive item.  It's so pretty that I decided to focus today's post on the DSP. 

Looking through the DSP prints, I noticed one that was covered with larger single flowers or clusters of flowers that could easily be fussy cut.  So, that was the start of this batch of cards.  There also were the tiny cluster of leaves in a darker green and a couple partial leaves from the cut edge that I also used.  After I had my pile of flowers and leaves cut out, it was time to design my card.

For this first card, I chose Fresh Freesia for the card base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is folded in half to make a landscape style card.

When going through the DSP pack, I found this tiny floral print that is so cute.  I cut a strip of this 4" wide, then cut it at 5 1/4".  I cut two of these so I could use the other piece for another card.  

I love the embossing folder that was a free item during Sale-a-bration.  It has a lovely delicate design that I thought would enhance the design.  After embossing the DSP, it was attached to the folded card base with "green glue" (Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid Glue).

A focal point was created using the third largest die from the Scalloped Contours die set to cut a Basic White label.  This wasn't attached to the card until the flowers were all attached, and it was ready to go.

The sentiment is from the Sale-a-bration Softly Sophisticated set.  I certainly hope you were able to get this stamp set and embossing folder bundle while it was available.  The font used on this set is pretty and feminine.  This time it was stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink to the right side.  The purple flower was attached with Dimensional and additional leaves were tucked under with a bit of adhesive on the bottom ends.  The daisy-type flower is die-cut with one of the Translucent Flowers dies from the backside of the scraps left over from cutting out all the flowers from the DSP.  The daisy is attached to the card with Mini Glue Dots.  It was also used between the two layers.  

The label was attached to the center of the card front using Dimensionals.   There are three gems attached to the card front that are from the Tinsel Gems Three Pack.  This is the Fresh Freesia color.  I wanted a little bow added to the card but couldn't find anything current that I owned that matched the card.  So...  I have a retired Soft Sea Foam sheer ribbon that worked okay.  It's attached with Mini Glue Dots.  Sorry, there are so many retired items here, but you get the idea for the card.  I know many of you have different embellishments and DSP going back a good number of years, just like I do.  Save those items because you never know when you're going to need them.

On to the second version of this card.  For this one, I chose a different color from the DSP for the card base - Berry Burst.  Right away this gives the card more brightness and spunk.  

This time I did not use the embossing folder on the DSP.  It's just directly attached to the folded card base. 

For this card, I used the second largest die from the Scalloped Contours die set. So, the label is a little bigger and leaves a smaller edge of the DSP showing.  The label was cut from the Basic White cardstock.  The same sentiment is stamped in the top right corner using Berry Burst ink to coordinate with the card base.

This time a flower cluster from the DSP was fussy cut for the card.  I love how these colors all blend together and pick up the mini flowers on the print layer.  The flower cluster is attached to the bottom of the white label using Dimensionals.

At this time, I used a water brush with a little Pretty Peacock ink and spattered lightly over the white background and the flowers.  I liked how this gave a subtle addition of color to all the white space.

The label is attached to the center of the card front using Dimensionals.  

The new Purple Fine Shimmer Gems were used on this card as accents.  These are the berry-colored gems from the pack.  So pretty with the card.

The card needed just a pop of something contrasting to pull it all together.  After trying several ribbon and twine options, I settled on the Black & White Gingham Ribbon to make a small bow.  It's attached with Mini Glue Dots.

Looking at these cards side-by-side, it surprises me how much a few color changes will make on a card.  I like them both, but maybe I like the berry card just a little more.  That pop of ribbon really sets it off.  Maybe I need to rethink the ribbon on the Fresh Freesia card.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for hanging out together with me on this cold and rainy day.  It's so much better spending time with friends.  Check back in a few days so I can show you the new Online Exclusives that will be available.  There are some truly awesome items that I can't wait to get my hands on.  Seems like the deliveries are getting slower each time I order!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. My favorite of the two is the Freesia purple one. The colors are delicate but not boring. The pale green ribbon is perfect to offset/balance the green leaves. Love it. The Berry one is good too - just have to admit that the Freesia & green one is closer to my color favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Connie. I figured you'd like that one. It's definitely more your colors!

      Delete