Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Two Tone Flora Fancy Card

Hello friends!  Here we are with what might be my last Easter card before they all get in the mail so they can arrive on time.  This time I didn't really use a set that is focused on Easter.  I went with a pretty spring-time floral instead.  So of course, this card would be very versatile to have on hand.  It would all depend on what kind of sentiment was used inside the card to determine its use.  I like that kind of versatile card to have on hand.  Just add a sentiment inside and you're good to go.

Isn't this pretty?  I wanted to stick with pastels for spring, and this worked out just fine.  Let's create together.

I started with a card base of Soft Sea Foam that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The lacy frame is one of the Darling Details Dies.  It leaves a pretty lacy window to build this floral bouquet on.  The Basic White Thick layer of cardstock measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The lacy window was die-cut from the center of the cardstock piece.  This is attached to the Soft Sea Foam card base by using Tombow Multi Purpose Glue along the outer edges so that the lacy edge wasn't attached flat but has a shadowy effect that enhances the lace.

Next up is making the pretty floral bouquet.  All of the flowers and leaves for the card are from the Two-Tone Flora stamp and die set.  All the pieces are stamped on Basic White cardstock.  The two largest flowers are stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink.  The darker one is stamped full strength, then stamped again to get the lighter one.  The detail stamp uses Poppy Parade ink.  Again, it's stamped full strength on the darker one and then stamped again on the lighter one without re-inking.

The medium sized flower is also stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink that is off-stamped for the solid stamp and full strength for the detail stamp.  

The tiny flower clusters were off-stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink and the detail stamp was also off-stamped.  There were also two of these flower clusters stamped with Coastal Cabana ink that was off-stamped on the solid stamp and full strength on the detail.  


The leafy spray was stamped with Garden Green ink that was off-stamped first, then stamped twice on the Basic White.  That made one spray even lighter than the first.

Lastly are some two leaf sets that are stamped with Shaded Spruce ink.  These were all off-stamped to lighten them up a lot.  After stamping all of these pieces, they were die-cut with the coordinating Two-Tone Flora Dies.  

Next was positioning all the pieces into a pleasing bouquet.  I did cut apart the flowers from the pink tiny flower cluster.  I liked the look of tucking the individual flowers around the bouquet.  Some of the flowers and leaves are attached flat with just adhesive, while some of them have Dimensionals to build up the layers.  

The butterfly is from the Paper Butterfly Accents.  These are fun to add to your project with minimal fuss.  For this butterfly, I used a Blending Brush and a tiny bit of Flirty Flamingo ink on the outer edges of the wings.  The body and antennae were lightly colored in with a Basic Gray marker.  It's attached with two Mini Glue Dots under the body area.

The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White cardstock.  It measures 5 1/4" x 4".  The same flowers and leaves were stamped inside the card making sure to off-stamp each of the elements.

The sentiment is one I've had for years and years.  I love the words of the sentiment and also the unique font that was used.  Sorry, I have no idea who the stamp company is so I cannot give any credit.

I wasn't going to use any sort of bling on the card, but obviously I couldn't help myself!  There are five of the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels tucked in and around the design.  They pick up all the spring colors and really enhanced the design.

That's all I have for you today.  The retired list is out, but I've been struggling to get it posted on my blog.  Technology has done me in again today.  When my hubby gets a minute, I'll ask him to help me out here so I can share the list with you.  Believe me, it's a huge one and there are some good discounts on some of the items.  Stay tuned...

Thank you for sharing some of your valuable time with me today.  It's always wonderful to hear from you and have you share what you've been creating.  Keep up the creativity and make sure you mail out those beautiful cards you've been making.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 


4 comments: