Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Courage and Faith Card

 Hello my friends!  Things are sunny and quite hot outside today.  If it's this hot in May, what's it going to be like in August?  Sounds like I'll be spending time inside, a lot!  That will give me more time to stamp and create my cards.  That's a good thing, right?  Today's card was made with the new Unbounded Beauty Designer Series Paper as the starting point.  Basically, I had a piece of this print cut already, so I built the whole card around the DSP.  Not a bad way to proceed. 

Isn't this a pretty print with all the differing shades of pink here?  My accent colors are Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, and Basic White.  I think these colors blended together to make a striking looking card.

To start, there is a card base of Berry Burst which measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This is scored and folded in half as usual.  The pink layer is Bubble Bath cardstock which measures 5 1/4" x 4".  It's attached to the card base with adhesive. On top of this is the layer of Unbounded Beauty DSP that measures 5" x 3 3/4".  This layer is centered on the card front and attached with adhesive.  

Next was deciding what kind of sentiment would work on the card.  I really like the Courage & Faith stamp set and have used it many times so that was my choice.  I haven't used it with the Countryside Corners Die set that would be the perfect shape to fit the sentiment.  I used the 5th largest die to cut a piece of Bubble Bath cardstock.  Then used the 4th largest die to cut a Basic White layer to accent the sentiment.

The sentiment was stamped onto the Bubble Bath layer using Berry Burst ink.  Then the Bubble Bath layer was attached to the center of the Basic White layer using adhesive.  I tried this on the card, but it needed something else to define it.

I had a 1/4" strip of the DSP left over from trimming down the side of the piece.  I thought about layering it with the Bubble Bath, but that wasn't enough.  So, I added a strip of Berry Burst cardstock along with those two and that worked out perfectly.  The three layers are attached about 1 1/2" from the bottom of the DSP.  The layers are all attached with adhesive.

The sentiment layers are then attached over the accent strip with multiple Dimensionals.  This is not centered on the card front, but off to the side.  

For a little added interest, two small butterflies were added to the sentiment layer.  These are a lovely, shimmery cardstock, but I'm not sure where this paper actually came from.  The butterflies were already cut, so not sure what was used whether a punch or die. It matched, so it was used.  Don't you have a container with those little bits of extra goodies floating around that you aren't sure where exactly they came from, but are just what you needed?  Sometimes my container is sort of overflowing, but I can usually find just the perfect piece to use no matter where it originated.

There you have the latest card in my stash to mail out to friends and family.  Hope you like this idea.  I don't know why I never used the Countryside Corners dies for this stamp set before, but this won't be the last time.  The dies fit perfectly with the sentiment and are so pretty framed up with the next size larger die.  Hope you give this a try.

Thank you for sharing some time with me today.  Hope you're doing well and finding time to create.  It's good for mental health, right??

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment