Sunday, May 19, 2024

Happy Sunday!

Hello my friends!  Hope you are having a terrific Sunday.  It's always a good day when you can start it out at church praising Jesus for all His goodness and grace.  This morning was a little different though.  The children presented a musical play portraying both Daniel in the lions' den and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace.  There were some glitches and laughs, but all in all the kids did a great job sharing the stories.  What an interesting way have a church service.  

This afternoon I was in the mood to create with the new Layers of Beauty Bundle and the coordinating Layers of Beauty Decorative Masks.  I tried making something with this yesterday, but it was just a little too bright for my tastes.  So today, I worked on a pastel version of my original card.  Oh, my goodness!!  I just love how it turned out and wanted to share it with you right away.

I started with 1/4 sheet of Basic White cardstock.  The large floral image in the Layers of Beauty stamp set was stamped onto this using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The white layer had just a smidgen of adhesive in two of the corners to hold it in place for the stenciling.  Each of the Masks has a number in the corner to make it easier to color the design in the correct order.  The 1st Mask was held in place with a small piece of Washi Tape on opposite corners.  I used a Blending Brush with Lemon Lolly ink for the first layer on the roses.  The little flowers got a light layer of Fresh Freesia ink.

Lift off the Mask and place the 2nd Mask with another couple tiny pieces of Washi Tape.  This time I switched to Daffodil Delight and added a very light layer.  Another layer of Fresh Freesia went on the little flowers.

Change Masks to #3.  This was another layer of Daffodil Delight ink on the roses.  I made it a little darker for the inner part of the roses.  For the little flowers, I used Daffodil Delight on the flower centers.

Mask #4 was a light layer of Granny Apple Green on all the leaves.

Mask #5 was a darker layer of Granny Apple Green for the shading and detail on the leaves.  Looked good to me so the floral image was die-cut with the coordinating die and set aside until I was ready for it.

Checking the roses against cardstock colors, I chose to use Lemon Lolly for the card base.  I die-cut a 1/4 sheet of Basic White with the 2nd largest Deckled Rectangle die.  I was going to leave the layer plain, but decided a little embossing would add to the design.  Of course, I used the new Eyelet 3D Embossing Folder for this.  (yep, I'm hooked on this!)  There is also a small amount of speckling added using the Granny Apple Green Marker.  Then it was attached centering it on the Lemon Lolly card base using "green glue".

I decided to cut off a section of the rose design to save for the inside of the card.  The larger piece is attached to the card front using Dimensionals.  It is flowing off the white layer to overlap some of the Lemon Lolly base.

The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Hexagon stamp set.  It's stamped on a 3/4" strip of Basic White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  A small piece of Lemon Lolly cardstock was cut to layer this.  They are attached together with adhesive.  Then attached to the card front using two Dimensionals.

The bling added to this card are the Iridescent Foil Gems.  These are so pretty and have just a hint of a purple/berry color in the tinsel inside the gems.  It was like it was made to go together with this card.

Here's the inside of the card.  The Basic White layer measures 5" x 3 3/4" and is attached with adhesive.  The little floral spray that was cut from the original image is added here.  It's attached with adhesive.  I think it's the perfect touch for the inside of this card.  It really could have stayed as part of the front design, but I kinda like it here.

Hope you love this Layers of Beauty Bundle and coordinating Decorative Masks.  Don't be intimidated by them.  They really are easy to use.  My one really big tip is to start adding the color lightly through the masks.  You can always add more if you want a bolder color.  But once that color is on there, you can't take it off.  My first attempt was overly dark for my tastes.  Hopefully, I'm still going to work it onto a card design, and I may find I totally love it.  We'll see.

Just a quick reminder about the free shipping on Tuesday May 21st on any order of $75 or over.  Don't miss out on the savings!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 

P.S.  I almost forgot to mention cleaning the Masks.  I wiped them down with a damp cloth when I was finished using them.  Easy peasy.  They're now ready to go for the next project.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The shading gives this great dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb. The stencils (masks) really do all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete