Friday, July 19, 2024

Another Winterly Tree Tops Card

Today I have a card for you that started out as one of the make & take projects Stampin' Up! had for this new stamp collection, Winterly Tree Tops.  It will be available in the new Mini Catalog that will be coming out soon.  I have to admit I really didn't care for the project - it just wasn't me.  Everyone has their own tastes in favorite color combos and design layouts, etc.  This project simply wasn't a favorite for me.  So, I took some of the components that I already had cut to make the project and made my own project instead.  This one might not be one of your favorites, but that doesn't mean you can't take parts of the card design and change them into something you prefer.  Here's my take on the project.  What will you make with this idea?

This project starts with the Mossy Meadow cardstock base.  For a previous project we made, we were told to keep the Basic Gray discard piece that was die-cut from the pine branch frame used for that card.  I didn't care for how the piece was used, so I did my own design with it.  The Basic White piece was cut to measure 5" x 3 5/8".  The Basic Gray discarded piece was attached onto this using Tombow Liquid Glue.  This makes it sort of a reverse design with the background in front and the white pine branches recessed into the design.

A 6 1/4" length of Black & White Checked Ribbon was attached around the layers a bit little below halfway and attached in the back.  All the design elements rest on this.  After adding the ribbon, the layers are added to the folded card base using the same Tombow Liquid Glue.

The bird comes from the coordinating Nests of Winter Designer Series Paper.  It's die-cut using the Winterly Tree Tops die set.  Isn't it wonderful when you can die-cut images right from the DSP, so everything matches up nicely?  It sure makes it easy on us!

The die set also has a couple of small pine branches too.  I cut out several from Basic White cardstock, but it looked like I needed another color in the design.  I tried adding Mossy Meadow pine branches, but I didn't really like that.  Next, I tried some silver branches from the Silver Foil Sheets.  What a perfect addition.  The shine of the silver brightens up the whole card!  The branches are attached behind the bird using adhesive.  Then the cluster was attached to the card over the band of ribbon on the front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the new Greetings of the Season Bundle.  It is stamped on a label cut from one of the label dies that are part of the bundle.  It's stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink, then trimmed down on the bottom edge.  This is tucked up right next to the ribbon going across the card.  A bow made from the same ribbon is attached to the ribbon using Mini Glue Dots to hold in place.  

The bling used for this card is from the Cherry Cobbler & Pearl Adhesive-backed Berries.  I thought they carried the design of the berries the bird is holding to the entire front of the card.

The inside of the card has a layer of Basic White cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  On this another sentiment from the Greetings of the Season stamp set was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink.  The extra white and silver pine branches that I die-cut earlier are added in the corner to finish.

Just a reminder that there is just over a week left of Stampin' Up! Bonus Days!  You don't want to miss out on this sale.  For every $50 you spend on merchandise from the catalog or On-Line Exclusives, you will receive a code in your email that is worth $5 off to be redeemed in August.  That's a win for you.  Just don't lose the code(s) that are sent to your email.  No one else has access to them but you, so if you lose it you lose out on the savings.  Have fun shopping.  I know I have!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment