Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Easy Layout Two Ways

Hello people!  Hope you're having a good week.  We're back to rainy weather and it's definitely cooler.  You can really feel the difference in the temperature.  That 10 - 20 degree difference from a week or so ago really changes things.  That means autumn is here as far as I'm concerned, so all the pumpkins need to come out and the summer displays need to be packed away for another year.  I really love autumn when you have the crispness in the air and all those wonderful colors displayed on the trees.  Definitely God's handiwork!

When I was wandering around Pinterest, I came across a card sketch that really appealed to me.  (Yes, I spend way too much time there!)  I sat down and made one card from the sketch.  Then couldn't help myself, I made another one just changing the colors.  Basically, I used the Golden Greenery suite for both cards, and I think both of them are simply gorgeous!  You can only find this suite of products in the Online Exclusive area of the Stampin'Up! shop.  Make sure you check it out.

Neither of them shows up as gorgeous and bold as they do in person.  You'll have to take my word for it, or else make these two cards yourself.  You can stamp right along with me.

I started with the green and gold card first.  All the main parts of this card are the different prints of this DSP.  They all look so perfect together on this card.  The base of the card is Old Olive that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.

Next is a beautiful layer of the Season of Green & Gold Designer Series Paper.  I love this green print with all the colors of green and sketched out with gold.  How elegant!

The green/gold print layer measures 5 1/4" x 4".  There are three strips of another green print with sketchy stripes next.  These are cut to measure 5 1/4" x 1/2".  These three strips are attached across the center of the card as shown using adhesive.   Then this layer is attached to the card front with adhesive.

A piece of Old Olive cardstock was cut next.  It measures 3" x 3".  To add to this layer, a piece of a 3rd print of the DSP was cut to measure 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and is attached to the Old Olive layer with adhesive.  This print is a darker mottled two-tone green print that I thought worked well for the base of the "greenery".

Two greenery dies from the Golden Greenery Bundle were used here.  The larger round-leafed stem was cut from Gold Foil.  The smaller stem was cut from another print (4th) from the Season of Green & Gold DSP. There is a die that matches the print perfectly to make it easy. After cutting these, the gold stems were attached to the square layer using "green glue" on just the parts that will touch the square base.  The green stem was attached with several Mini Glue Dots under the leaves, but with "green glue" on the stem.
A small bow was made from the Gold & Silver Trim Combo in the Annual Catalog.  It was attached over the stems with a Mini Glue Dot.  Then the entire square was attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment comes from Shepherd's Care stamp set.  It's stamped on a 1/2" strip of Basic White using Old Olive ink.  It's trimmed to fit under the leaves and attached with adhesive.  

There are three gold sequins scattered for some bling.  They are from the Neutrals Adhesive-backed Sequins.

That's the first card.  On to the elegant gold and vanilla card.

The first change is using Very Vanilla for the card base.  Next is a layer of another (5th) print from the Season of Green & Gold DSP.  This measures the same as the previous card.  There are the same three strips added across the card base this time in Gold Foil to accent.  

The Very Vanilla and Gold Foil squares are the same measurements as the first card.  The larger leafy stem is die-cut from Very Vanilla, and the smaller stem is cut from Gold Foil using a different die from the same set.  They are attached the same way.

The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings set that is an Online Exclusive item.  The piece of Very Vanilla cardstock measures 7/8" x 2 3/4".  I used Pecan Pie to stamp the sentiment.

For this card I used three Adhesive-back Sparkle Gems as an accent.  The ribbon is a retired Vanilla & Gold Ribbon that I had on hand.  

This layout is really quite simple.  I have a notebook that I keep adding layouts that I like for future reference.  It comes in handy when I'm kind of stumped for an idea.  Hope this gives you some ideas and gets you stamping.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment