Saturday, September 21, 2024

Sophisticated Skates Card

Happy Saturday my friends.  Awhile back I had been creating with the Sophisticated Sled Bundle.  It seemed everything I made was more on the 'country' side of things.  But I've been playing around with it again and I think I've finally got something that is more of an elegant style.  Tell me what you think about this latest card.

I always love a blue and silver winter card, and this is no different.  My accent of choice for this card is Gray Granite to match the wood-grained DSP on this card.  Let's get creating.

The Gray Granite cardstock used for the card base measures 11" x 4 1/4".  It's scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  The woodgrain layer is a print from the Nests of Winter Designer Series Paper.  I love this print and wish I could get my hands on a bunch of it all by itself.  This measures 5 1/4" x 4".  It's attached to the card base with adhesive.

I thought the Countryside Corners Dies would be a good shape for layering the skates.  Misty Moonlight was the blue color I chose for the card.  I used the 3rd largest die to cut the cardstock layer.  

It seemed to be too much dark for the card, so a piece of vellum was cut with a size smaller die than the blue layer.  I liked how the vellum softened and lightened the Misty Moonlight layer.  But it still gave me a good size frame for the skates.

The skates were so easy to put together.  There are separate dies for the boot of the skates, the runners on the skates, and even the laces.  So it was very easy to die-cut each of the pieces I needed to make up the skates.  The boots were cut from Basic White cardstock, the runners from Silver Foil, and the laces are Misty Moonlight.  After cutting all the pieces, it was a simple matter of layering them up to make the skates.  There is a slit in the boot part that the laces slide right into perfectly.  Easy Peasy!

I wanted snowflakes for an accent and there are a set of three different ones in the Frozen Edges Die set.  They're cut from Silver Foil to match the skates.  

The skates needed to hang from a bow made from the Gold & Silver Trim.  To hang the skates, a 4" piece of Baker's Twine was cut, and one end was attached behind each of the two skates with Tear & Tape to hold in place.  

The skates were attached to the layers using Mini Dimensionals.  The bow was attached over the Baker's Twine using Mini Glue Dots.  The snowflakes were each attached with one Mini Glue Dot in the center of each and scattered on the layers.  This was all attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Sophisticated Sled set.  It's stamped onto a 1/2" strip of Basic White cardstock using Misty Moonlight ink.  It's been trimmed down and is attached to the card front using Dimensionals also.

I thought about adding some extra bling to this card, but none of the embellishments really enhanced the look.  So, I left the card bare, and I think it's perfect as is.  Almost.  The more I look at the card, I think the bow needs to be trimmed a little smaller.  I'll do that in a minute.

Thanks for sharing some of your time with me today.  It's been so entertaining for me to skip around the seasons and make whatever hits my fancy that day.  Hope you're enjoying the ride along with me.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it's been years since I actually skated, but I love the look and the memories it invokes.

      Delete