Monday, October 14, 2024

Fun Fold Autumn Card

Hello friends!  I've been noticing a few more leaves coming down from the trees in the last few days.  We don't have much in the line of fall color right now, but those leaves keep trickling down.  So, I thought I should make a card to showcase that idea. This card uses the Caring Leaves stamp set.  I really like the carefree loose look of the leaves in this set - so artistic to my thinking.  Just pair the leaves with a leafy background designer paper print and it's all set for this time of year.

Here's my fun fold version using the Caring Leaves with Cajun Craze.  My hubby says my cards are getting a little "dark", so I'll have to give this set another try using brighter colors.  But for this one, let's get to the particulars.

The base of this card is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" as usual.  The scoring is at 2", 3 1/8", 5 3/8" and 6 1/2".  The two outer folds are valley folds, and the two inner folds are mountain folds.  If you remember that, it's all good.  For the base of this card, I chose Old Olive cardstock.  This is just such a basic color for my fall cards.

The print design used on the card is from the Iconic Celebrations Designer Series Paper pack.  The paper is cut just a tickle short of the regular size for a layer.  I wanted a bit more of the Old Olive to show through.  The length of the layers is 5 3/16" (you could cut it to 5 1/4" as usual).   For the width of the layers, the outside two strips are 1 3/4" and the strip for the middle is 2".

This picture gives you a good idea of how the card looks fully opened.  The two DSP strips are attached to the side flaps with adhesive.  The wider strip is positioned on the center area.  If you're using a DSP print that is all one picture, make sure you cut the pieces in order, so the picture is continuous.

The center stamped piece is Very Vanilla that measures about 3 1/2" x 2 1/4".  I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut all three layers.  I like the stitching lines that show up on all three, but if you don't have this die set, I'm giving you approximate dimensions.  The Cajun Craze layer is about 4" x 2 5/8".  The Old Olive layer is about 4 3/8" x 3".

The leaves are stamped with three different fall colors of ink - Old Olive, Cajun Craze, and Blackberry Bliss.  Each of the detail stamps use the ink full strength, but each of the solid stamp leaves are off-stamped to give a lighter version of the color.  

After the three leaves were stamped, markers in the Old Olive and Blackberry Bliss colors were used to flick on some speckles over the design.  This gives it a little added interest.  The layers were all attached together with adhesive.  When attaching the Old Olive layer to the card base, be careful to add adhesive only down the center area of the layer.

The sentiment is from the Layers of Beauty stamp set.  The Very Vanilla piece it's stamped on is about 1 3/4" x 1" and it's stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink.  After stamping, I carefully touched just the edges of the label to the Blackberry Bliss ink pad to add a little color on each edge.  Carefully add Dimensionals only to the area of the label that will be on the layers, not the overhang area.

To finish the card, I added a Very Vanilla cardstock piece that measures 5 1/4" x 2" to the center of the back.  This can have a sentiment stamped on it or can be used to write a little note.

I decided not to add any extra bling on the card.  It already looked a little busy with the speckling of the ink on the center part of the card.

As I was playing around with this fun fold, I wanted to make another one or two cards.  I love playing with DSP and this is a perfect showcase for it.

Here's another card using the retired Flight & Airy DSP from last year.  Don't you love the look of this card?  I just love how the prints really do all the work to make these designs stand out.  Even fussy cutting the flowers and bird wasn't too time-consuming.  I tend to find it rather relaxing just snipping away!

That's my fun fold card ideas for today.   Hope you have fun with this type of fold.  Let me know what you've made using this fun fold.  It's always interesting hearing what others are making.  Hope you have a fun fold kind of day!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment