Hello friends! What a gorgeous, sunshiny fall day. I just love looking out over the back yard and seeing azaleas just bursting with rosy blooms all over them. Also, the hummingbirds have been very busy at our feeders, and they are so much fun to watch. Seems like I've been spending lots of time enjoying life outside now that it's not so blistering hot. Only a few of the trees around here have started changing colors though. That is one thing I miss so much about Michigan - the fall colors which are truly glorious! So instead of seeing the colors outside, I've been making a series of cards using the Autumn Opulence Designer Series Paper. I know there's always so much going on in the Online Exclusives section of the website that it's hard to miss things. This DSP seems to be quite overlooked, and I'll be spending a few days highlighting this gorgeous paper.
Today's post features two cards made with any easy fun fold technique, but one is lined up landscape style and the other is set as portrait style. Both of the cards really focus on the DSP and have very little stamping, so like I said - very easy to make! We'll start with the portrait style first.
If you don't know, the Autumn Opulence DSP comes with two pre-cut sheets of printed designs that coordinate with the paper. That's why the cards I'm sharing with you have minimal stamping. There are lots of pre-made designs for you to use. But first, let's focus on the prints on the DSP. Two of them are used on this card. Don't you just love them?
To make these fun fold cards, you start with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock for the base. This card uses Pecan Pie. The base needs to be scored at 1 1/4" and at 5 1/2". Both are folded in to make an off-set gatefold card.
The DSP print on the left side measures 2 7/8" x 5 3/8". The plaid print on the right side measures 1 1/8" x 5 3/8". These pieces are attaches to the front flaps with "green glue" which gives me a little wiggle time to get them on straight.
The base for the focal image on the card is Very Vanilla cardstock that is die-cut with the Sweet Words & Labels dies. This one is the 3rd largest label in that shape. When cutting, another was cut using the 4th largest sized label die for the inside of the card.
To be the focal image on the die-cut, the pumpkin with flowers cluster was chosen to use. I personally don't care for a large white outline around the pre-printed images, so I fussy cut around the image to "give it a closer cut".
The Sweet Words & Labels die set also has some smaller oak leaf dies. I cut two leaves from Golden Glow cardstock to tuck in around the pumpkin. The upper one on the design has a little Golden Glow ink added to it with a Blender Brush. The one tucked in at the bottom has a little Cajun Craze ink brushed over it. The pumpkin was attached with only two Dimensionals so there would be plenty of room for the leaves and the sentiment to tuck under around this.
The label on the front was adhered to the front of the card with "green glue".
TIP - next time I make this card, I'd run the side of my Pecan Pie Marker along the outside edge of this label. This would give it a little better definition between the label and the background.
The sentiment is from the Banner Sayings stamp set. I only wanted those two words, so it was inked on only them and stamped onto a 1/2" strip of Very Vanilla cardstock. Early Espresso ink was used to stamp this. Then it was punched with the Three Banner Punch. This was tucked under the pumpkin and attached with a couple Mini Dimensionals.
A bow was made with Linen Thread. This was attached to the pumpkin with a Mini Glue Dot that was rolled to fit under the knot.
There are several retired pearlized, champagne-colored dots added to the design for an accent.
Just wanted to quick show how the inside was finished. Both of these stamps are about 20 years old and not Stampin'Up!. I tend to have trouble finding the sentiments I want to use in my SU! stash. I do hang on to sentiment stamps forever, but sometimes you just have to hit the contraband stamps too.
BTW, I have no idea why the pic looks like Basic White was used inside the card. It is not. It's Very Vanilla all the way. Now, on to the 2nd card sample.
This time the card base is Early Espresso. The measurements are the same - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". It's scored at 1 1/4" and 5 1/2". This time we're working with a landscape style card, so the opening lands near the bottom.
The DSP is the same Autumn Opulence pack I've been using. The checked print is the backside of the print used on the first card. The measurements are the same - larger size 5 3/8" x 2 7/8" and the smaller strip is 1 1/8" x 5 3/8". They are attached with "green glue".
A strip of Early Espresso cardstock was cut that measures 2" x 4 1/4".
A strip from a different print from this DSP was cut that measures 1 7/8" x 4". This was attached to the Early Espresso strip with 'green glue". Then both of them were added to the card front about an inch from the left side. Make sure you mark where the top flap ends so you only get the glue on that area and not the bottom area.
Three of the pre-printed images were chosen. Each of them was fussy cut around the edges to make the white edges less visible. Then they were arranged on the front flap as shown. Again, be aware of your placement so no adhesive is on the overlapping areas. The leaf was attached with adhesive, and the mushrooms and acorn were attached with Dimensionals.
The sentiment used here and inside are from the Thanks & Giving set. The front one was stamped on a 1/2" wide strip of Basic White using Early Espresso ink. The right edge was angle cut. Then the label was added to the design with Dimensionals.
Three of the
Earthy Matte Dots in the Cajun Craze color were added to the design.
The inside has a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Basic White cardstock. The sentiment is stamped near the top with Early Espresso ink.
There is a 1/4" strip of the checked print DSP added that is the same one used on the front of the card.
Another of the printed leaves in the DSP pack was trimmed and added to the design.
Okay, that's two cards made with the same fun fold and the same DSP pack. But don't they look different? I just love how changing colors or orientation can make such a large difference in the finished card. I never get tired of playing with the same items and seeing what else can be created!
When you're shopping around in the catalog to see what's new, don't forget to peruse the Online Exclusives section of the website. Sometimes it feels like SU! hides some of the best treasures in that area. Make sure you look through the whole section, so you don't miss anything. 😊
Thanks for stopping by today. If you give either the Autumn Opulence DSP or this fun fold a try, let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you.
Happy stamping and creating,
Love the pumpkin card, so cute!
ReplyDelete