Friday, April 23, 2021

Friendly Challenge

 I was talking to a friend on Monday.  She set up a challenge for me to see what I would/could do with it.  And was it ever a doozy.  At least I thought it was.  She asked me to take one of the sheets of True Love Designer Series Paper and get out my Blending Brushes and see what happened.  She gave me a list of rules to follow.  1.  I couldn't use just one ink color on the paper.  2.  I had to use lots of different layouts for the cards, couldn't keep repeating the same idea.  3.  I had to use multiple types of embellishments throughout the cards.  4.  See how many cards I could actually make from only one sheet of DSP.  5.  Use multiple cardstock colors for the card bases.  OK, it's taken me 4 days with many, many starts and stops, but I think I've done pretty good on the challenge.  Here's what I've made...

This was the starting place.  I used all sorts of colors, current and even several from the new catalog.  Oh yeah, that pretty soft plummy color and the pinky/rosy color are both new.  Can't wait for you to see them up close and personal like.  

Next I'll just post the cards I made.  There's 13 in case you're wondering.  Throughout making them I used lots of different cardstocks and also stamp sets for the sentiments on the cards.  I changed up the different dies that I used for them also.  All in all, it was a really fun challenge that really stretched me to come up with different ideas but using the flowers on each one in different ways if possible.  Here goes...














As you can see, there are many different colors, even added some different Designer Papers for the background layers.  There are different sentiments, different embelllishments, and different layouts.  I think I nailed this challenge!  Woo Hoo!  And it only took me almost 4 complete days to do it too!  Do I still like the True Love DSP?  Yes ma'am.  Do I still like my Blending Brushes?  You bet I do!  Can't wait for the next time I need to add some color.  They are truly one of the better tools out there for coloring.  And not just coloring an outline image.  They're great for filling in backgrounds with one color or giving a lovely sunset or ombre look to your background.  It's a really versatile way to color.

Ok, have I totally put you in overload status with all these cards?  I hope you give this challenge a try yourself.  It's really fun and you end up with lots of cards that are ready for you to use right away.  And that's always a good thing.  *big grin*

Just an update - I checked my calendar and there's only 11 more days until the new Stampin'Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog is live!  Woo Hoo!  Hope you'll enjoy shopping in it as much as I will.  Lots of new stamps and goodies for you to love and enjoy usingTime for me to say goodnight.  It's been a long day and a long week too.

Happy stamping and keep smiling!
Sharon

ps - the very first card shown uses the new Fresh Freesia and Polished Pink colors.  Aren't they just lovely colors?  And all of the leaves were colored with the new Soft Succulents ink.  Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! you did a great job with the challenge and created lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really fun once I got going with it.

      Delete