Friday, April 30, 2021

More Ice Cream Please!

 Today I get to show you a card made for the birthday for one of my grandsons.  He does like him some ice cream.  mmm,mmm  In fact we just went out and got some at the Bruster's Ice Cream shop just down the street from us.  So this is what I thought would be perfect for his birthday this year.  For the last several years, I've always made him a card that was baseball themed.  Thought it was time to do something a little different.

He loves birthday cake ice cream and this was about the closest I could come to that.  Doesn't it look yummy?  He sure seemed to think so and decided we really needed to get some of the real stuff!  Ha ha, what a push-over this grandma is!  ;)

The entire Ice Cream Corner Suite was perfect to make this ice cream cone card a yummy looking reality.  I started with a base of Basic White cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded in half.  The next layer was Bermuda Bay cut at 5" x 3 3/4".  This was attached with MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.  

Next I added a small layer of the cute Ice Cream Corner Designer Series Paper.  This print is a multi-color mixture of sprinkles for his ice cream.  (Of course he needed extra sprinkles on his ice cream when we got home - you can never have enough sprinkles!)  I thought this was perfect for a corner of the card and was cut about 3" x 2".  Again this was layered flat with adhesive.

Next up is the layer of Basic White cardstock that was embossed with stitching lines from the Stitched with Whimsy dies.  After the stitching part was done, I carefully trimmed around the square with paper snips to follow the stitching lines.  The sentiment comes from the A Grand Kid.  It has funny and cute sentiments for either grandsons or granddaughters.  This was stamped on the stitched label using Bermuda Bay ink.  It was attached to the card front using Dimensionals towards the top left corner.

Oh boy, time for the ice cream cone!  I used Bumblebee cardstock and stamped with Soft Suede ink.  Then the cone was also sponged around the edges with a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink.  When it came to the ice cream itself, it was a no-brainer.  Two of the Ice Cream Corner DSP papers have splotches of colors - blues and greens on one and yellows, peachy-pinks on the other.  Since his favorite color has been green his entire life, I had to use something with that.  And his favorite ice cream being Birthday Cake which has swirls of blue frosting throughout, I chose the color mix of Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay.  How could I miss with that color choice?  Both the cone and the ice cream were punched out with the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.  Easy peasy.  They were added to the card front using Dimensionals.  

To finish off his card, I added a small sprinkle of the Ice Cream Cone Sprinkles that were part of the Ice Cream Corner Suite.  That was it - perfect for a boy who was turning 9.  Oops, I almost forgot!  Had to tuck some cash inside for my kiddo.  It's always nice to have a little spending cash on hand.  ;)

That's it for today!  If you'd like to place an order, please choose me as your demonstrator.  I'd greatly appreciate that!  And I do appreciate that you've taken time out of your busy day to stop here and read my ramblings.  It really makes me feel more connected to my friends.  Be sure to leave a comment.  I read each one and thank you for them.  But please let me know who is leaving the message?!  Just leave your name so I know you've been here.  Thanks!!

Sending sunshine blessings and hugs your way!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I still have the ice cream card you sent with my last order on my desk - who doesn't love ice cream? - Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, you're right about everyone loving ice cream - especially my grandsons, (and hubby too!!!)

    ReplyDelete