Tuesday, September 21, 2021

More with the Baby Wipe Technique

Hi y'all!  I had so much fun playing with the Baby Wipe Technique the other week.  I just wanted to do a little more with this technique and see what else I could come up with.  The leaves outside should soon start turning all those lovely shades of yellows, oranges, and reds.  I thought I'd get a head-start by making my own colorful fall leaves.  And the Baby Wipe Technique makes it so easy to get fabulous color on your stamped leaves.  I can't wait to look outside and see something that looks like this...

Aren't the colors on the leaves just fabulous?  I've always loved autumn and I can hardly wait for the real thing to appear outside.  At least I hope the leaves will change here like in Michigan.  Guess I really have to wait and see.

The card starts out with a base of Early Espresso cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", then scored and folded in half.  The layer of Designer Series Paper is from the pack - Beauty of the Earth.  All of the designs in this paper pack are truly works of art.  There isn't a single one that I don't like, and that makes it difficult to decide which one to use.  This print has modern-looking branches with multiple leaves in many fall colors.  It's a great place to start on this fall card.


There is a layer of Early Espresso cardstock cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.  Then the next smaller die cuts out a layer of Basic White cardstock.  This is what we do all our colorful stamping on.  First make a palette of 3-4 baby wipes folded in 3rds or 4ths depending on the size of the wipes.  I put this in an empty stamp box so the ink doesn't go everywhere, but can be easily washed out.  I used these re-inkers:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, and Rich Razzleberry.  Drops of the re-inkers were placed in an area a bit larger than the maple leaf I planned to use.  Each color had at least 5 drops placed randomly next to each other.  Then the stamping begins!  The maple leaf and the tiny three leaf cluster are from the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set.  When inking the stamp, keep inking in the same area, don't wander all over the pad.  This way the ink colors stay fairly crisp even after multiple inkings.  If the ink colors are real intense, clean the stamp before inking in another area so as not to muddy all the colors together.   After the maple leaf was stamped 3 times, I changed up and used the cluster of three leaves to fill in the open areas on the rectangle.

At this point, the stamped rectangle was attached to the Early Espresso layer using adhesive.  Then this was all layered onto the card base using Dimensionals.  I liked the look of it off to the right side for this card.  

It needed a cute fall sentiment and the perfect one was in the Banner Year stamp set.  It fits right in with my move to the south!  This was also stamped using the baby wipe palette we used for the leaves.  After inking the stamp, it was stamped on a 3/4" wide strip of Basic White cardstock.  The Triple Banner Punch was used on each end of the strip to make a banner.  This was layered onto the card with adhesive on the right side, and a Dimensional on the left side to raise it up level.

The card needed some bling to make it pop a just little more.  After trying and discarding of lots of rhinestones, linen thread, ribbon etc, it was decided that the Sequins for Everything would work nicely.  I added two of the brown ones and four of the golden-orangey/yellow ones.

The last part was the inside of the card.  There is a layer of Basic White cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  This has one maple leaf stamped in the corner to match the front.  I've left the inside blank to accommodate one of the many notes I send out.  But this could make a cute birthday card or of course a Thanksgiving card.

If you haven't given this technique a try (or it's been years since you did), why not try it out?  It's definitely fun, and no two cards ever really look the same.  Just remember to wash your hands when you get ink on them!  Sometimes it does get just a little bit messy.  But there's nothing wrong with inky fingers.  It shows what you've been doing!     *big grin!*

Thanks for stopping by again.  Hope you're inspired to give this technique a try.  And fall leaves are a wonderful way to try it!

Here's the code for September orders if you are placing one.  I truly appreciate my customers.  Thank you in advance for any order you may place.

Reminder:  Sale-a-bration ends September 30th.  Be sure to get your order in as soon as possible.  There are still many items available for you to choose from.  I'm sure you'll find something to love in the selections.  Please call me if you have questions or have trouble placing your order.  I'm here to help!


Happy stamping!
Sharon

2 comments: