Friday, September 24, 2021

Nature's Harvest Card

Hi there!  Glad you stopped by today.  I want to share a card idea with you that I think is just lovely.  My friend Ruth shared this idea with me and I fell in love with the soft colors used and how easy it really was to make this card.  You can always take the basics of this idea, change the colors and/or DSP, and come up with a card that looks nothing like this one. That's one of the real joys of making your own cards to share with family and friends - making small changes on an idea that totally changes the card into a really different look.

Since I like pastels, could there be a better card for me?  I don't think so.  This one's just about perfect.  I started with a card base of Very Vanilla cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  Next there is a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  This was embossed with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder.  I really like the texture of this embossing folder.  It's very deeply textured and gives a really nice look.  This was attached to the folded card base with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.  This is my adhesive of choice whenever I have a deeply embossed layer that I don't want to pop up with Dimensionals.  The adhesive gets in the grooves and holds very securely.

The next layer is also Very Vanilla that was die-cut with the Scalloped Contours Dies using the 2nd largest size. This was set aside to get everything together and ready before attaching to the card.

The layer of DSP is cut from the Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper.  This paper is Soft Succulent in color and has a mottled finish with what looks like writing all across it.  So pretty all by itself!  This was cut at 2 5/8" x 3 3/4".  It was then cut in thirds to make each piece 1 1/4" x 2 5/8".  These strips were spread out on the die-cut Vanilla piece to fit evenly inside the stitching lines.  They were attached with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.

The silhouette daisy was die-cut from Very Vanilla cardstock using the Harvest Dies.  The die gives just a little bit of texture to the flower when it's cut as an added bonus.  To really add some bling to this very subtle card, I die-cut the 'wheat' looking stems from the Sale-a-bration Be Dazzling glitter paper.  I love the almost mirror-like larger glitter pieces on this paper.  It just makes it so striking!   Even though the stems were so skinny, I had no trouble cutting it very cleanly.   After determining the placement, it was attached to the layer using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.  The Vanilla die-cut daisy was also attached with the Liquid Glue.

I chose to use the pretty Soft Succulent 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon on this card to blend with all the lovely pastel colors.  It was wrapped around and then tied in a knot near the bottom.  The whole layer was then attached to the card front using Dimensionals.

I chose not to add a sentiment at this time.  This is such a pretty card, I wasn't sure where I'd be wanting to use it, birthday, anniversary, even a sympathy card.  This way I can always add a sentiment to the front later, or choose not to use one at all and just write a note inside.  Definitely my style of card!  A big thank you Ruth for sharing this stunning card idea with me so I could share my version of it with all of you!




Just want to give a big thanks to all of you who have placed an order with me during the month of September.  There are only a few more shopping days left to take part in the Sale-a-bration sale!  I know we all love getting a bargain!  When you place a $50 order with me, you may choose one of the lovely Sale-a-bration items.  There are also some great items you can get free when your order is $100 or more.  Don't let the sale pass you by!

NOTE:  I just noticed today that the Be Dazzling glitter paper is already gone!  Boo Hoo!  It was my favorite!  But there's many great items left to choose from.  But hurry before more of them are also gone.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you like this simple but gorgeous card.  Try changing up the colors, or DSP, or die-cut images and see what you come up with.  Probably a masterpiece!

Happy creating!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment