Thursday, November 18, 2021

Eden's Garden, Just Because

 Hey there!  Hope this finds you doing well and in a crafty mood.  I've been playing with my new Eden's Garden Bundle over the weekend.  This went so much better than the first sit down with this Bundle.  The first time around, I was so focused on making my samples something other than green, because that's what everyone else was doing.  I felt I needed to do something different so I wouldn't be copying what you've seen already.  Well, enough of that!  There are so many different ways to put the green cardstocks and DSP together without copying!!   So I finally sat down and just had fun with it.

Here's my card using all the parts of the Eden's Garden Bundle with both the Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen colors.  I love how simple this came together!  Especially after struggling with it last time around.  

The card starts with a base of Soft Succulent cut  8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half.  The first layer is one of the lovely green prints with just a tiny speckling of gold from the Ever Eden Specialty Designer Series Paper.  On each of the papers, one side has the addition of gold foil in different designs.  This print has teeny tiny dots.  So pretty!!  The DSP was cut 5 1/4" x 4"  and attached to the card base with adhesive.

Next, the large wreath die was used to cut the Evening Evergreen cardstock into this gorgeous open-leaf design.  Isn't it just beautiful?!?   If I'd been thinking, I'd have used some of the Adhesive Sheets behind the Evening Evergreen cardstock so I could have just peeled it and stuck it down.  Alas, I forgot about that and had to use my MultiPurpose Liquid Glue on the solid leaf images to hold it in place.  It's not really hard, but whenever you can make something easier and quicker, why not?

The leafy banner was die-cut from Soft Succulent cardstock.  It was attached across the center of the card using Dimensionals.  Now it's time for the sentiment.  I  chose to use the Lovely You stamp set this time.  The sentiments have a mix of fonts on each stamp which is a look I love.  And the sentiments seem to cover many of the everyday sayings you might want to use.  This was stamped on a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Evening Evergreen ink.  It was punched out using the Label Me Fancy Punch.  I stamped closer to the top so that I could add a few of the leaf parts that are scrap left-overs after die-cutting the wreath and banner.  Can you see where they pop out of the die-cut piece?

Did you notice the pretty rhinestones?  They're part of the Eden's Garden package.  There are marquise cut green tones and the round ones are Cherry Cobbler.  The rhinestones have an iridescent sheen to them, so on this shot it's really hard to tell the color.  But believe me, they're quite lovely.

Can you see the little dots between the greenery in this picture?   Those are the tiny gold foil dots.  I couldn't get a picture that really showed how nice the paper is.  So I guess you just need to take my word for it... or order some for yourself!  😄

That's it for this post.  I want to remind you that you too can get the Eden's Garden sneak peek items now through the end of the year - or until they run out.  The Ever Eden Specialty DSP, the Cotton Paper, and the Garden Gems all will be unavailable after they run out.  They will NOT be in the new mini catalog coming out in January.  So if you want them at all, now is the time!  The Eden's Garden stamp set and the Eden Dies WILL be in the next mini catalog.  So it's up to you to get them now or not.

If you're reading this on Nov. 18th, Stampin'Up! is having a Seasonal Sale.  This sale is only items from the large Annual Catalog.   Sorry I'm catching it at the end of the sale.  With friends in from MI I'm kind of all off kilter and not on top of things.  So Sorry!!!

     All regular cardstock is 10% off
     All SU! ink pads are 15% off
     All dies are 20% off

Hope you're enjoying some nice, crisp fall weather.  It's still pretty warm here, but the temps will be dropping the rest of the week.  But I have to say, I've truly been enjoying the weather in the low 70's.  It's been colder at night, and the leaves are changing colors - and they're falling a lot too!  Dear hubby is outside trying to corral those leaves as they fall today.   Have a very blessed day!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment