Thursday, December 30, 2021

Blessings of Home Card

Hello again!  Glad to see you stopped by.  With yesterday's card, I had one strip of the Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper left over after I had the stack of cards finished.  And that pack of Soft Succulent cardstock was still sitting out, and the Basic White cardstock was just sitting there too.  So, since everything is out already, why not design a different card to use up those items.  I've got some friend's birthdays coming up that I'll need cards for in January and thought it would be a good place to start.

This card uses the Soft Succulent cardstock for the base with a layer of Basic White on top.  Before the white is attached though, I stamped the largest floral stamp in the new Blessings of Home stamp set as a soft, mono chromatic background.  The stamp was inked, then off-stamped for a softer, 'sketchier' look to the background.  That left-over 1" strip of the DSP was attached to the left side again to anchor the design.  Then it was all attached to the Soft Succulent card base using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.

The next part of the design was stamping the smaller floral image onto a Basic White layer.  The Stitched So Sweetly Dies have a pretty scalloped and stitched rectangle die that looked to be the perfect size for this.  After die-cutting the white, the floral image was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  
For coloring, I chose to use my Stampin' Blends.  I have a couple friends that love purple - any shade will do to make them happy!  So of course, this card has a mix of purple shades for the flowers:  Purple Posy L&D, Highland Heather L, Fresh Freesia L&D.  The leaves are Soft Succulent L&D.  And the flower centers are So Saffron L&D and Cinnamon Cider L.  The pictures really don't do the small flowers justice.  They are the ones colored with Fresh Freesia ink and are so cute in real life.  Much pinkier-purple than they look in the photos.
After coloring, the die-cut was attached to the card front using Dimensionals for some interest.  

The sentiment is the same one from the Inspiring Thoughts set that I shared yesterday, except today the full stamp was used.  It's stamped on Basic White with Soft Succulent ink, trimmed, then layered on a Soft Succulent cardstock piece.  This is attached with adhesive to lay flat on the left and a Dimensional on the right to keep it level.

Hopefully you can see some of the layered Stampin' Blend colors on this close-up of the image.  It was fun using so many layers of color on each flower to get the look I wanted.  Yes, I do love my Blends!!

Underneath the sentiment I added a small knot of Fresh Freesia 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon.  It's attached with a Mini Glue Dot.  

For this card, I felt I needed to add some bling.  The 2021-2023 In Color Jewels just called out to me, so I gave them a try.  I could have used the Fresh Freesia ones, but finally decided on the Soft Succulent gems.  Either color would have worked out well, but since I have more of the Soft Succulent gems I used them for this card.  I love the iridescent look of these gems!  It actually makes them blend in with so many more colors than just the In Colors they should match.  In my humble opinion, these are a must have in your "bling box".


Hope you enjoyed today's post.  I'm having a great time playing around with my newest stamps.  I might have to start branching out to other colors though.  I've been stuck on the Soft Succulent for awhile now.  What color should I play with next?

Happy stamping and creating!  It's a great way to finish out the old year. Of course, it's also the perfect way to start fresh in the new year!  Have fun...

Blessings and many hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment