Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Amazing Silhouettes Sneak Peek

Wow, the time has been really flying by this past week.  I managed to design two cards and thought I'd have them posted already.  But alas, my planning isn't quite lining up with reality.  Today I'm sharing a card that I made to enclose with all the catalogs that I put in the mail today.  Yes, that's running slower than I had planned too.  But at least there are a whole pile of catalogs that were taken to the Post Office earlier today.  Now it's up to the Post Office to see how long it's going to take to get them to all my customers.  If you don't have one in the next ten days, please give me a call and I'll see what I can do.  Anyway, back to the card... 

As a demonstrator, I signed up for the Stampin' Up! Onstage event last November. One of the many fun things I received is this Amazing Silhouettes stamp set which will be available January 4th in the new January - June 2022 Mini Catalog.  It's so much fun getting stamps early!  There are three stamps in this set and they all look like this one with just a silhouette image.  I love the look of these stamps.   And I'm amazed at the amount of detail that shows from just having the image in silhouette like this.  They are really gorgeous.  This is the largest stamp, and after using it on these cards, I'm going to have to try out the other two stamps to see what I come up with.

Because I was making a whole pile of these cards, I was looking for a simple layout that wouldn't take too much time.  I set up the stamp on my Stampa-a-ratus and just stamped away on card after card.  What did I ever do before the Stamp-a-ratus?  It makes stamping multiples so quick and easy, and you always get the image exactly where you want it.  Some of the cards I stamped with Soft Succulent and some with Mint Macaron ink for a slightly softer look.

The color for the card base is the Soft Succulent cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  This seems to be my favorite color lately.  Out of the last three cards I've designed, all of them use Soft Succulent for the main color.  Hmmm, guess I really like it!  The next layer was Basic White cardstock cut 4"x 5 1/4".  The image was stamped over to the right side.  A 1" x 5 1/4" strip of Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper was cut and attached to the left side on the Basic White cardstock piece using MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.  Then the Basic White layer was attached to the Soft Succulent base using the MultiPurpose Liquid Glue again.

I used the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set that's found in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  I like the way the font skips between all caps and all small letters.  Just something a little different.  I couldn't find a plain Thinking of You in the set, so I used a Soft Succulent marker and just inked the words I wanted.  This is actually a birthday sentiment, but you'd never know.  

TIP:  Make sure you really look at your sentiment stamps to see if you can use just a portion of the stamp to say what you want.  It's so easy to ink up only the words you need using a marker.

The sentiment was stamped on a Basic White strip and then backed with a slightly larger piece of Soft Succulent cardstock.  It was attached to the card front using several Dimensionals.  A tiny knot of Soft Succulent 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon was attached to the left side of the sentiment using a Mini Glue Dot.

As you can see on this last picture, I splatter-tapped some Wink of Stella on the front of this card.  Some cards I left simply plain.  After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to keep the card 'bling-less' this time around.  I really liked the nice, clean look of this card.  Hope you do too.

Well, that's it for today's installment.  Please continue to keep checking in with me.  I'll try my hardest to get more consistent with my posts.  You know, the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray.  And I seem to be having a lot of that 'astray' going on!  😁 

Happy creating and stamping!
Sharon

4 comments: