Thursday, December 16, 2021

Merriest Frames Christmas Card

 Ok, I think I'm back again.  Whew, it's really been an ugly three weeks dealing with the flu.  I'm surprised how badly it knocked me off my feet.  Rick and I are still in the recovery mode trying to get back our full energy.  It's amazing how quickly we tire out doing such little things.  But I wanted to take a minute to thank so many of you that have been keeping us in your prayers every day.  It has really made a huge difference in our lives.  We could have been so much more worse off, but instead we're on our road to full recovery.  Thank you for your prayers and thank God for touching us with His healing hand!

Today I want to share a card I had ready to go and I'm just now getting around to it.  The colors are not your everyday red and green, but I love how the colors interact.  It starts out with a base of Thick White cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", folded in half.  The first layer on the card is Pool Party cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  This was embossed with Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder to give it some lovely texture.  It was attached to the card base using MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.

Next layer is Just Jade cardstock.  Love that color!  I used the Merriest Frames Hybrid Die and Embossing Folder.  Doesn't it give just fantastic detail?  To make it stand out even more, I used a Blending Brush and Just Jade ink on the edges of all the die-cut details.  This was also attached to the card front using MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.

The sentiment is stamped on Basic White cardstock that was die-cut from the Merriest Frames Dies to fit right into the embossed frame.  The words are from two stamp sets, Perfectly Plaid and Heartfelt Wishes.  I thought they went together nicely.  Both Just Jade ink and Polished Pink ink were used for this. 

The accent pieces on the card were cut using the Merriest Frames Dies.  The holly leaves were cut from the retired SAB Be Dazzling Specialty Paper.  They were attached under the flowers using Mini Glue Dots. 

The small poinsettias were cut from Basic White cardstock.  The color is added using a Blending Brush and Polished Pink ink.  The flowers underneath on each of them were colored darker than the top flowers.  I love the extra contrast of the colors on the poinsettias.  Each of the poinsettias were added with a Mini Dimenisonal.  

To add the final bit of glitz, I added the smaller Garden Gems to the center of each flower.  The colors of these gems are just a perfect color touch with an iridescent sheen with the pinks and greens.

Ok, I think I remembered to add all the information on this card.   Surprisingly it's only taken about 4 hours total to get this written.  (I had to take a rest in the middle of it 'cuz I got too tired!  Gee Whiz!!)  Anyway, hope this card inspires you to try different color combos for Christmas.  And consider trying the awesome Merriest Frames Hybrid Dies and Embossing Folder combo.  These really do make up some fabulous images.

Thanks for stopping by today to see what's new.  Thank you also for your prayers and caring.  We truly appreciate all the prayers!  Keep checking in.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with another idea for you to try.  

Stay well and keep creating!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Glad you and Rick are feeling better.
    I am late with everything, and I men everything!! Just doing what I can while embracing each day as it unfolds.
    May the Spirit of the Christ child's birth fill your heart and home this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Hope things settle down for you a little. And enjoy the new year ahead!

      Delete