Monday, February 21, 2022

Amazing Friendly Hello Card

 Hello there!  Hoping your day is going well.  I've been playing around with the Friendly Hello stamp and Designer Series Paper from Sale-a-bration again.  It amazes me that this is totally free as a bonus when you place a $100 order.  I really can't seem to get enough of this combo! The colors of the paper are so soft and fresh looking that I keep gravitating to them.  Guess I'm ready for spring, and this looks like spring to me.  Today's card is a different Fun Fold that I don't think I've shared here with you yet.  If it's not new to you, just bear with me.  OK?  It's funny that I don't even know what it's called, but I like it anyway.  Let's have some fun with it.

The card is sized to fit into a regular envelope, but it opens out into an 11" wide card.  Impressive, right?  Here's how to make it:  Start with Basic White cardstock that measures 5 1/2" x 11".  This is scored at 1 1/4", 5 1/2", and 9 1/4".  Fold the card in half at the 5 1/2" mark with the fold on the right side.  First fold the top layer back, then the bottom layer gets folded right over this to get the fun layering.  Isn't it pretty?

Next come the layers of paper that give it some character.  They are from the Friendly Hello DSP and I chose two of the Fresh Freesia prints that coordinate so nicely.  The left strip and the right panel are the same print.  They are cut at 1" x 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" x 5 1/4".  The middle print is a splattery, polka-dotty looking strip that is cut 1 1/2" x 5 1/4".  Each of these were attached to the matching fold of the card using adhesive.  

To keep the card closed and all together, a belly band was needed.  First up was the base for the focal image.  I chose to use the Scalloped Contours Die set.  I love the pretty edges and the stitching detail that makes them stand out.  This rectangle measures about 3 3/4" x 2 1/2" and is cut from Basic White cardstock.  It's just the right size to add a few flowers and the sentiment.   The sentiment comes from the Color & Contour stamp set.  The fonts used in this set always makes me feel happy, so it was a good choice.  The words were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink near the top of the layer.

The daisy-like flowers in the Color & Contour set looked like they would go with the DSP, so two of them were stamped on a piece of Basic White cardstock also using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  This is a two-step stamping flower, so the second stamp used Fresh Freesia ink for stamping onto the flower.  They were then die-cut using the Scalloped Contours Dies.

Before putting those flower stamps away, I inked them up again to stamp inside the card.  Both the outline stamp and the filler stamp were off-stamped before stamping in the card to keep them nice and light. 

When arranging the flowers on the die-cut rectangle, it looked too plain.  The Friendly Hello stamp set has a full spray of tiny leaves and a branch.  This was stamped in an arrangement behind where the flowers would be attached.  To make them a little lighter under the flowers, I used Basic Gray ink this time instead of black.  The flowers were added to this with one attached flat with adhesive, and the second one up on a Dimensional.

For the banding around the card, a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock was cut to 11" x 1".  This was folded around the card and overlapped in front.  The rectangle focal point was attached over the center of this to cover the overlapped area.  After slipping the band onto the card to check it out, I realized it still needed some extra pizzazz.  Of course, I had forgotten to add any bling!  Oh dear, that's almost unthinkable!!  And this card was crying out for it.  The pretty and versatile 2021-2023 In Color Jewels were a perfect touch.  I used the Fresh Freesia color jewels and added three of them.  So pretty! 

After making this first card, I liked how it turned out so much that I had to make a couple more.  I had seen this retired Painted Season Designer Series Paper just the other day and really liked the colors and prints.  You can see, I made several of these cards to go in my stash.  The cards were so pretty, but really "general" looking.  I figured they could be used for many reasons, so I didn't add any sentiments yet.  

The flowerpot and the dangling flowers were stamped and cut out from the Plentiful Plants stamp set.  The succulents in the pot were just cut from the DSP.  Most of the pieces were just attached with adhesive, but the double succulent right in front was popped up with a Dimensional.  Just see what you can make with some coordinating DSP prints.  Stampin' Up! does all the hard work of making sure everything coordinates.  We just get the fun job and creating with them!

Here's your friendly reminder about Sale-a-Bration.  Yes, next Monday is the last day you can get any of these fabulous free products when you place a qualifying order.  Please don't wait too long to place any last-minute orders.  Don't want you to miss out on these fun and useful products.  If you have any questions, just give me a call.

Thanks for stopping in for another visit today.  Hope you like this fun fold idea and give it a try.  It really is easy when you get those correct scored lines in first thing.  I'll be doing this fold again because I really like it.  And of course, I'll be getting out this gorgeous Friendly Hello DSP to play with again.  I want to use up every little scrap of it I like it so much!  Yup, I'm totally hooked on it!  But that's it for today.  Stay warm and be creative!

Hugs,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment