Sunday, August 14, 2022

Cottage Wreath Double Header

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday today.  I had made a card a few days ago and didn't get around to posting it.  Since then, I've made another card using the same stamps, dies, and Designer Paper.  So today I figured I'd get them both posted so you can compare and contrast.  It always surprises me when I can use the same products and change the colors and layout and two (or more) cards end up looking nothing at all alike.  That's the idea I'd like to share with you today.  Since both cards are pretty straight forward, instead of lots of info, I'll just give you the basic information.  OK?

The stamps used on both cards are the Country Wreath set with the Country Wreaths Dies set.

1st card starts with a base of Crushed Curry that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  The first layer is Mossy Meadow at 5 1/4" x 4".  A layer of Gingham Cottage DSP that measures 5" x 3 3/4" is added to the Mossy Meadow using adhesive.  A color for the DSP print is not llisted, but I believe it's So Saffron.

A layer of Very Vanilla cardstock is cut to 3 1/4" x 2 3/4".  This piece is used portrait style with the longer part up and down.  The leafy wreath is stamped on this using Soft Suede ink that has been off-stamped first to keep it a fairly soft color tone.

This is layered onto a piece of 3" x 3 1/2" Kraft cardstock using adhesive.  After layering, you can add it to the card front with Dimensionals.

The cluster of oak leaves in the set were stamped with Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze ink to give me an assortment of fall leaves.  The bow was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink.  The acorns were inked with Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake.  After everything was stamped, they were die-cut using the coordinating dies.   

The sentiment was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink onto a 1/2" strip of Very Vanilla.  It has an end punched with the Banner Pick a Punch.  A piece of the Kraft cardstock backs it and is also punched with the Banner Pick a Punch.    It's attached flat to the card front with adhesive.

The leaves are layered up with Mini Glue Dots and/or adhesive onto the wreath with the bow added on also.  Acorns are added both to the bow and the sentiment.  Extra leaves are scattered on the bottom corner of the card.

I don't always show you the inside of my cards, but I really love how this one turned out.  Partial wreaths are stamped both on top and bottom diagonal corners.  I kept it light just like the front.  Instead of layering leaves onto them, I just stamped some leaves with the same colors on each of them.  Really like how this adds to the card!

No extra bling was added to this card.  I liked it just as is!










This is the second version of the Cottage Wreath with Gingham Cottage DSP.  Totally different look.

This starts with a base of Basic White Thick cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  There is a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Basic White that's embossed with the Timber 3D embossing folder.  A 2" x 5 1/4" layer of the Gingham Cottage DSP gray plaid is attached to this with adhesive.  The layer is then attached to the card base with Dimensionals.

Instead of stamping a wreath this time, the larger open wreath is cut from Basic Gray cardstock, and the smaller wreath is cut from Smoky Slate.  They are layered together using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, then attached to the card front also using the same Liquid Glue.  

There are several leaf sprays each cut from Basic Black and Basic Gray cardstocks.  These are attached to the left side of the wreath and attached with adhesive.  

A bow is die-cut from Silver Foil Specialty Paper.  This one I chose to use is almost a semi-matte silver look.  It's attached over the leaves with a Mini Dimensional.

A spider was stamped on Smoky Slate with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and die-cut with matching die from the set.  A Basic Black marker drew in the web line that the spider is hanging from.  A large Matte Black Dot is centered on the spider body.  Smaller Matte Black Dots are used on the wreath.

Boo was stamped on a skinny Basic White strip.  It was trimmed close and the backed with a Basic Black strip.  It's carefully tucked in under the plaid paper near the bottom.  

There were some extra leaves and a second spider that seem to have ended up inside the card.  I just couldn't let them go to waste, now could I?

There you have it - a twosome of cards using the Cottage Wreath stamp set and Country Wreaths Dies.  The first card is mostly stamping, the second is mostly die-cuts.  And both use the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper.  I wasn't too sure about using some of these bold plaids, but so far, I'm having fun with them.  Give them a try and see what you can make with them!




2 comments:

  1. Oh, with all the humidity today and the ragweed pollen, I am so looking forward to fall! This was a great advance to the season - I especially like those partial wreaths on the inside of the card. I'll be copying that idea, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, I know all about that humidity! I think my hair has turned into a Brillo pad! Thanks for your kind comments, dear.

      Delete