Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Wonderful World Take 1

Hello Friend!   Oh my!  How did we fly through July already and land in August? The summer has really flown by this year.  Time seems to be going by quicker and quicker.  Of course, it really doesn't, but it sure feels that way lately.  Since we're in August already, this is a gentle reminder that Sale-a-Bration is half over.  And two of the items are already gone - the Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam Cards and Envelopes pack, and the Tree Lot Dies.  I'm so bummed because I was waiting to get the Tree Lot Dies this month.  😞😢 Oh well, I'll have to set my sights on something else instead.  One of the items you can receive free with a $100 order is the Wonderful World stamp set and Wonderful World 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper combo.  Lovely?  Oh yes and make that a great big yes!  The stamp set is a 'DistINKtive' stamp that means lots of lovely detail etched right into the stamps.  So every time you stamp, you have great detail! And the DSP is a lovely mix of prints in a pleasing color palette that you'll love.  Those are the items I've been working with the last day or two.  Here's the first card idea.

I've been sending out lots of anniversary cards the last two months and I've totally run through my stash.  I made this one as an anniversary card to start filling up my stash again.  I guess June, July, and August were great wedding months!  

This card starts out with a Starry Sky base that's 11" x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  I love how the Starry Sky cardstock really enhances the colors of the Wonderful World DSP print that I chose.  The DSP measures 4" x 5 1/4" and is attached to the card base with adhesive.  

To stay with the rectangular card shape, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock with the Stitched Rectangle Dies that just framed the Bachelor Buttons stamp.  To stamp it, the whole stamp was first inked with Rich Razzleberry.  Then I used Sponge Daubers with Old Olive ink on the stems and leaves, and Starry Sky ink to add color to the center of one flower and very lightly on the outer edge of the top flower.  Make sure you 'huff' on the stamp before stamping.  It's amazing how just a little extra ink on a Sponge Dauber can change the look of the flowers so dramatically!

You can get a good look at how the sponging of a little color really makes a big difference.  I didn't worry about getting the Old Olive color sponged right to the edge by the flower.  Just get it close and it works fine.  Any part that's still darker just looks like shading.

After stamping, the rectangle was attached to the card front with Dimensionals.  It's placed a little higher than the middle. 

The sentiment comes from the Celebrating You stamp set found on page 17 of the Annual Catalog.  This is a set of sentiments that cover pretty much anything you need throughout the year.  I love when you're able to go back to use a set over and over again.  Lots of different fonts too.  I stamped the anniversary one on a 1/2" strip of Basic White cardstock.  Starry Sky ink was used on this.  After stamping, it's trimmed shorter and then punched with the Banner Pick A Punch on each end.  To make it stand out even more, a skinny strip of Silver Foil that measures 3 1/4" x 1/4" was added.  This attaches behind the sentiment strip, then it's added to the card front with Mini Dimensionals.

A triple bow of the pretty Metallic Starry Sky Ribbon is attached under the sentiment using Mini Glue Dots.  For some extra bling (besides the Silver Foil and Metallic Ribbon), three Rhinestone Basic Jewels were scattered around the flowers.  

Last look at our card.  So pretty and perfect for the next anniversary that comes along.  Like I mentioned in the beginning, this paper is simply gorgeous!  Very feminine prints and the colors are lovely too.  That's it for the first card.  It's fairly simple and comes together quickly.  Tomorrow's card will be another look at this combo.

Don't forget to get your orders in as soon as possible so you don't miss out on your freebies!  Items do 'sell' out quickly and the stock won't be replenished on any Sale-a-Bration item.

There's a new special coming on September 1st that you'll love.  I'll have information coming soon for you.  So stay tuned for further info!

On a side note, I've been dealing with A Fib issues again and running a little slower than usual.  My meds are being adjusted to try to get it back under control.  Please pray.  I'd appreciate it!  Thank you, my good friends!!

Happy stamping and creating!
Sharon

4 comments: