Saturday, September 10, 2022

More of the Same

 Hello friends!  Hope you are having a good Saturday.  Our daughter and son-in-law have been over here every day this past week working on the outside of our house doing fun stuff like power-washing the siding, replacing trim work that has come down during heavy wind and rainstorms. trimming shrubbery, etc.  Today they are home having a well-deserved rest and taking care of their own home.  You know how it is when you own your own home - there's always something that needs fixing, replacing, repairing, painting, etc.  Since they're home today, that means we get a much-needed break from all the busy-ness too.  It seems like it's been a really long week!  I haven't been getting much stamping done this week, but I did expand on the layout from my last post.  I've gotten kind of hooked on this easy layout, but I've added a few extra steps on these new cards.

As you can see, the layout measurements have stayed the same, but there are a few additions.  The card base is still Basic White Thick cardstock, cut in half then scored and folded in half.

The next layer is a piece of Basic White that measures 5 1/4" x 4" as before.  This piece was stamped with a Christmas sentiment from the lovely Hope & Peace stamp set.  I used the Stamparatus for lining it up and Soft Succulent ink for stamping.  Then it is run through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine twice with the snowflake design.  You can find the Wintry 3D Embossing set on page 177 in the Annual Catalog.  It's one of several embossing sets that are half the size of the regular embossing folders, so you need to run it through twice to emboss the whole area of a full-size card.  I embossed the top half, then flipped the cardstock around and embossed the bottom half.  Since the focal area is covering over where the two parts come together, no one notices.  The embossed layer was then added to the card base using Dimensionals. 

This time around, the DSP used is from the Rings of Love DSP that was a Sale-a-Bration free item.  I've used the print with the little birds all over it several times, and this is the print from the back of the birds.  It's so soft and pretty with the look of snow falling.  The pieces used are 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".  This one is backed with a 3" x 3" piece of Soft Succulent cardstock.  The other one had a more greenish look that I paired with Mint Macaron cardstock.  Either way, it's just gorgeous!

For this one, I wrapped a Soft Succulent Open Weave ribbon around it and tied it into a soft bow.  For the lighter one, I used a piece of White Glittered Organdy for wrapping and tying into a bow.  Either one is lovely.  Oh yes, it's attached to the card front with a few Dimensionals above the sentiment.

The next addition was die-cutting some White Velvet Paper with the snowflakes from the Chic Die set. These were the perfect size, and I liked the velvet look against the card.  I cut one of the larger ones and one medium for each of the cards I made.  There are also some smaller snowflakes in the set that I didn't use.  Snowflakes were attached to the card front with Mini Glue Dots.

The last addition to these cards is the Adhesive-Backed Seasonal Sequins found on page 9 of the July - December Mini Catalog.  I love the frosted iridescent look of these sequins, and they match the look so nicely.  I used a large one on the larger snowflake and two of the smaller ones were added to finish.

I hope these cards give you a few more ideas for using this layout.  With just a quick change of sentiment and DSP, you could change this layout to give you any type of card you need.  It's always good to have a quick layout that you can use when the need arises.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you're inspired to take a SIP - get out your Stamps, Ink, and Paper and create something lovely.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree - these are definitely my own favorites. Love those pastels!

      Delete