Friday, September 16, 2022

Trimming the Tree Cards

Hello there!  Hope you're doing well today and are still interested in Christmas ideas.  I'm using the Trimming the Tree stamp set that's found in the Annual Catalog.  I wasn't going to get the set because frankly, I wanted dies to go with it and it didn't have any.  But wait...!  Right now the die set is available for purchase, so I had to order the bundle right away!  During the Perfect Partners sale that runs through the end of September, Stampin'Up! is offering matching dies for this set and five more.  Woo Hoo!

This card is pretty basic with slightly different colors for Christmas.  I usually think of blue when making snowflake cards, but I thought the Balmy Blue and Real Red paired together nicely for this Christmas card.  I started out with a Basic White cardstock piece that measures 3" x 4 1/2".  The large tree was stamped near the bottom with Soft Succulent ink with the detailed stamp over it done in Mint Macaron ink.

The sentiment is from the Hope & Peace set in the 2022 July-December Mini Catalog on page 40.  I love the sentiments in this set and think they're just perfect for Christmas.  This time they're stamped with Real Red ink at an angle up in the corner. 

As an added accent, the snowflakes from the Penguin Place stamp set were stamped in Balmy Blue ink.  I kept the snowflakes mostly to the top of the panel, because I really didn't want a full-on blizzard.

The Basic White panel was attached to a Real Red cardstock piece measuring 3 1/4" x 4 3/4".  They are attached together with adhesive.

The base card needed to be Balmy Blue to go with my winter theme.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and is scored 4 1/4" and folded in half.  To give it some added interest, I used the largest Stitched With Whimsy die to get the fun stitching lines around the card face.  This reminded me of lines on the ice made by skaters.

The stamped panel was then attached to the front of the card using Dimensionals for lift.

After looking at the tree and debating about using rhinestones or sequins, I remembered the little bows in the die set.  I die-cut 3 of those from Real Red cardstock to add to the tree.  I used Mini Glue Dots to attach them around the tree.  Very cute!  Lastly, a star from the die set was cut from Silver Foil to top the tree.

After working on the front of the card, I wanted to carry a little bit of it inside the card.  The Basic White layer inside measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/4".  Instead of a full layer of Real Red backing the Basic White layer, I only added a 3/8" x 3 1/4" strip to the top of the white layer.  I thought this was just enough of an accent to draw attention to the sentiment stamped in Real Red ink.  This sentiment is another of the wonderful sentiments from the Hope & Peace stamp set.  Like I said, this one is a real winner!

That's it for today's card.  It's fairly traditional with a slightly more modern touch with the addition of the Balmy Blue.  Hope you like this one.  There will be more in the works using the Trimming the Tree stamp set and coordinating dies in the coming days.  Hope you stick around for those.

Start planning your Christmas card ideas so you can get everything ordered in time to get them made and in the mail on time.  Don't be like me and procrastinate!  I'm always getting my cards finished up and in the mail at the very last minute!!  Relax and enjoy the process.

Happy stamping and creating!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I do like the color choices - it makes me think Americana.

    ReplyDelete