Sunday, January 22, 2023

Another Valentine for You

Happy Sunday Friends!  Hope you're staying dry and warm today.  It's raining again and the temps are hovering just below 40!  Oh my goodness, it's chilly here!  At least it isn't snow.  Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that out loud.  😆  It really was nasty going out for church this morning, but it was worth it.  Great service and Paster Schuyler talked about Christian maturity.  Now tell me, who doesn't need to work on that?  I know I do!

Getting back to stamping, I needed to make another valentine or two (or more!), but I wanted to use stamps that weren't strictly for Valentine's Day.  I had fun going through my stash of cards and decided to use the Count on Me stamp set.  It's so cute, but I keep overlooking it for some of the flashier sets.  Time to show it some love!

This little bear is just the sweetest ever.  He's got his back turned and he's carrying a heart.  Doesn't that work for a valentine?  

I started with a card base of Sweet Sorbet measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" that's scored in half and folded.  Next, I chose the heart print from the Country Floral Lane Designer Series Paper found on page 9 of the January-April Mini Catalog.  It measures 5" x 3 3/4.  I added a backing layer of Petal Pink to define it but kept it real skinny.  The Petal Pink layer measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  The two layers are attached together, then attached to the card front with adhesive.  If you use this paper, make sure you pay attention to the direction of the pattern.

The Petal Pink strip with the hearts to accent this layer is the back side of the first print.  It's 1" wide and is attached with adhesive.

Next comes our little bear.  He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a Basic White piece of cardstock.  I colored him with Crumb Cake Blends in the Light tone first and went back to shade with the same color.  After he'd been finished and sitting aside for awhile, I felt he was too blah, so I went back and colored with the Crumb Cake Dark Blends.  It makes all the difference in the world!  I was surprised that he already looked shaded because I had shaded him already with the Light Blends.  Love his soft look!  His heart was colored with Real Red Light and Dark Blends.  The muzzle was colored with Ivory Blends.  When I was happy with his look, he was fussy cut and ready to go on the card.

I was looking for a die to cut a layer for my bear to reside on.  I checked the new Something Fancy Dies.  You can find these on page 17 of the January-April Mini Catalog.  The larger label seemed the perfect size for my little bear.  It's cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock which is one of the colors listed to match the DSP.  I used the smallest label die of the same shape from the set to die-cut some Basic White cardstock.  I stamped one of the sentiments from the coordinating Something Fancy set using Mossy Meadow ink.

The bear was attached to the Mossy Meadow label with Dimensionals.  The stamped label was attached partially underneath the right side of the Mossy Meadow label.  They were both attached to the card front using Dimensionals.  A double bow of 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine in the Sweet Sorbet color was attached near the corner of the label by using a Mini Glue Dot.  And another one of those retired Resin Hearts was attached to the sentiment label.

For the inside of the card, I stuck with a more geometric look.  There is a 1/8" strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock added to the bottom of a Basic White layer.  Then a 1/4" strip of Petal Pink was added to the side.  This way the colors from the front are brought inside the card, but it still leaves lots of room for writing your thoughts.

 Hope you're having fun making a few valentines for your favorite people.  It's a great way to let those special people know how much you care about them.  And don't forget to add chocolate - both for you while you're making the card and for your special someone too.  Stamping and chocolate - a perfect pairing!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment