Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Carrots?

Ok, I've been thinking about Valentine cards lately.  You know, it's that time of year where everything is in pinks and reds with lace, hearts and flowers covering everything.  As I was going through my newer stamps, one of the sentiments on the Thanks A Bunch set caught my eye.  "Love you a bunch" sounded like it should be on a Valentine card, right?   While looking for a stamp with a bouquet of flowers, my eyes kept going back to that set.  Hmmm, what do you think of carrots for Valentine's Day?  Actually, with the colors I chose, you don't have to use this card for a valentine at all.  But the idea just makes me laugh and reminds me of those 'punny' valentines that were around when I was in grade school way back in the dark ages!  Do they still make those kinds of valentines anymore?  Or is everything superheroes or video game characters?  No matter, let's get on to those carrots!

Starting out, use a piece of Basic White Thick cardstock that's cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  The largest Rectangle Stitched Die was used to cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock.  This piece is attached to the white card base using adhesive.

The bit of Designer Paper that's used is from the Dandy Designs DSP that is one of the freebies during Sale-a-bration right now.  With a $100 order, you can get this huge 48 sheet pack of Designer Paper.  There's a mix of bright and softer colors with multiple stripes and prints.  If you know me, you know this is one of the first items I had to have!  The piece here is Mango Melody and measures 4" x 2 1/8".  It's attached to the center of the card front by using adhesive.

Now comes the fun.  I used Stylish Shapes Dies next.  The two middle sizes of the circles were used - the smaller for the white layer and the larger for the Mango Melody layer.   After die-cutting, the carrots were stamped first, then the greenery.  The carrots were inked with a Mango Melody ink pad then darkened on the ends with Pumpkin Pie ink and a sponge dauber.  Then the carrot tops were stamped with Granny Apple Green ink twice.  You can find the carrots in the Thanks a Bunch set that is in the Sale-a-bration brochure on page 5.  Yes, this is a freebie item when you have a $50 purchase!  Woo hoo!

The white circle was attached to the Mango Melody layer with a Dimensional in the middle.  More Dimensionals were added under the Mango Melody layer then attached to the card front.

The banner was cut from Basic White cardstock using the Stylish Shapes also.  This is the largest banner.  The "love you" was stamped in Granny Apple Green ink and "a bunch" was stamped using Pumpkin Pie.  It's attached to the card front using Dimensionals also.

To dress up my carrot card, I used some of the twine in the 2022-2024 In Color Baker's Twine Pack in the Parakeet Party color.  Two lengths were tied into a sweet bow and attached to the banner under the "love you" stamping.  I used a rolled Mini Glue Dot to attach it.

Of course, the card needed a little bling if it's going to be a valentine, right?  I used three of the 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds in the Pale Papaya color.  Don't they fit right in with the Mango Melody colors?  It needed a couple carrots added inside the card to finish it off.

So, what do you think of carrots for a valentine?  Do you "carrot" all?     😁   Yeah, I know, that was really bad.

Don't forget to check out the Sale-s-bration options available to you.  I've shared two great items that I used today, and others that I've shared earlier.  You don't always have a chance to get something for free when you're out shopping, so it makes sense to take advantage when you can.  And thank you for doing your shopping with me.  It is so appreciated!

Happy stamping and creating!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. This is fun! I like the punny "bunch" and the non-traditional colors for a Valentine. Again, on Monday I was working on some Valentines but I was using blues and greens - although I was using hearts.

    ReplyDelete