Thursday, January 26, 2023

Dainty Flowers DSP Cards

Hello dear Friend!  Glad you stopped by today.  I planned on using one of the pieces of the Dainty Flowers Designer Series Paper to make my card for today.  It is one of the freebies available during Sale-a-Bration.  It will be available until the end of February or until it sells out.  So far, this has been the most popular item from the Sale-a-bration brochure by far.  If you've put off choosing this one so you can get something else first, please don't wait too long!  Anyway, back to my project.  I had cut the DSP at 5 1/4" across the 12" piece, then cut off one 4" piece from that.  So far, no problems.  Then I started trying to figure out what green I wanted to use for my layering color and/or card base.  Hmmm...  I tried the greens that were listed to match with the DSP.  That was fine, but then I went further afield.  I liked other greens that weren't listed to match so why not make several cards using the different greens and then decide what I liked the most.

After playing around all afternoon, I finally stopped after making three cards.  But I will revisit this little print again sometime soon.  It's a nice, quiet little print and quite my style. As I went along, more color was added to the card instead of just the greens and a neutral.  I'll have another picture of each one at the end of this post, but I wanted to focus on just one of these cards today.

This is the card I chose for today.  It uses many of the dies from the Sentimental Park Bundle that I absolutely love!  The label dies are so much fun to use either singly or together.  And as you can see, they were used on each one of these cards.

To make this card, I started with a card base of Mossy Meadow cardstock that measures 11" x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  I cut a layer of Old Olive cardstock that measures 5 1/4" x 4".  To this a layer of the Dainty Designs DSP that measures 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" was attached with adhesive.  A strip of a different print (from another stamping session) that measures 4" x 1 1/2" was attached across the middle of the card.  This was attached to the folded card base using Dimensionals.  

For the focal point of the card, I die-cut Old Olive cardstock using the largest of label dies in the Sentimental Park die set.  Then the middle-sized die which is plain was used to cut a Very Vanilla label.  The really cool thing about these dies is that the smaller one tucks right under the flowers on the larger die-cut.  It lines up so nice and easily slides right into place.  Before attaching them together, the sentiment from the Blessings From Home set was stamped in the center with Mossy Meadow ink.  Then it was tucked in nice and neat with just a smidge of adhesive to hold it in place.

I cut an 11" length of Fresh Freesia 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon.  After putting adhesive on the back of the labels, I laid the ribbon back and forth at a diagonal, so it showed on both sides of the label.  This was a nice way to dress up the card with ribbon without trying to force a bow to fit in there somewhere.  At this point, I attached the beribboned label to the card front using Dimensionals.  So pretty!

There are multiple different small flower dies in the Sentimental Park set.  I used two of them to make the clusters of flowers.  Fresh Freesia was die-cut to make these detailed flowers.  They were scattered around until I was happy with the layout.  Then they're attached to the label with Mini Glue Dots. 

The tiny gold pearls (retired) were attached to the larger flowers.  I thought they were too big for the tiny flowers, so I added just a touch of Gold Wink of Stella which is also retired.  After looking at the card some more, I went back and added more of the gold pearls to the label to balance it out.

There's a layer of Very Vanilla cardstock inside the card.  It has a 1/8" strip of the same Old Olive DSP that is going across the card front attached down the side to finish it off.  

This is the 1st card that I made.  It's time to share the other two.

This card ended up being a very toned-down version of the last one.  The greens used are Soft Sea Foam for the card base and Mossy Meadow for the framing layer in between.
On this card, I used the smallest label in the die set.  This was cut from Mossy Meadow.  A skinny label from the Cracker & Treat Box Die Set found on page 170 in the Annual Catalog is used to cut Very Vanilla cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Sentimental Park set and is stamped with Mossy Meadow ink.
Extra flowers were cut from Very Vanilla and added to the label with Mini Glue Dots.  Tiny pearls are added to the flowers.
Two of the little wood elements were added for interest.  They are attached to the card base with rolled Mini Glue Dots.  And a double bow made from Linen Thread was added as the final touch.

The last card was changed quite a bit.  The base card ended up being Garden Green with a framing layer of Basic White which brightened the card up a lot.  The size of the DSP is the same.  It was just cut to make a 1 1/4" strip along the side of the card.  The backside of Fresh Freesia polka dots also brightened the card immensely.  
I added a 5/8" strip of Basic White to cover the seam between the two colors.  Then I added a 3/8" strip of the Fine Shimmer Paper in the Fresh Freesia color over the white strip.  Wow, that really popped it!  It can be found on page 15 of the Mini Catalog, and it's gorgeous!
The label is the smallest in the Sentimental Park set.  It's die-cut from Basic White with the sentiment from the Sentimental Park set stamped with Garden Green ink.  Three of the tiny flowers were die-cut from Fresh Freesia cardstock and attached to the label.  Three Opal Rounds were added for bling.

There you have three different cards using the same piece of DSP but coming up fairly different looking.  It's amazing how a different color green cardstock started the whole process to make them different with minimal changes.  Yes, the last one was quite different because I used the backside of the DSP.  But still....  I'm thinking I want to go back and try some cards using Rich Razzleberry as a layer and see how they turn out.  I think it would be lovely, but I need to see it first.

Thanks for stopping in to check on what's new around here.  Hope you like today's post with the different versions of the same DSP.  That's really been fun for me.  Remember, if that Dainty Flowers DSP is one of the Sale-a-bration freebies you want to get your hands on, don't wait too long.  I'm thinking that it'll be the first one to sell out.

By the way, thanks to those of you that have been sending me cards in the mail.  I've received some really fabulous cards and I can tell you've put time, effort, and thought into making them.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.  They really brighten those dreary, rainy days we've had so many of lately.  I'm planning another Friendship Friday post to share all these cards with you.   Love you all so much and miss you!!!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments: