Monday, January 2, 2023

Landscape Three Panel Card

Hey!  Hope you're getting creative this year.  Yes, I know it's only January 2nd, but it's time to get stamping and creating.  Today's card idea came about because I wanted to make another card like yesterday but realized the pattern on the paper was going the wrong way.  So instead of just putting it aside or coming up with another idea to use the piece of DSP, I figured out the measurements for making the card this way.  I'm not a math person at all, so it was interesting to say the least.  You should see my craft table with the scraps of paper that I was using to measure scattered around.  Yikes, it's time for a clean-up.  But first, the post...

One of the first things I noticed on this card when it was finished and sitting next to yesterday's card was the difference the light color versus dark color on the layering piece.  The first card has very defined strips of DSP on it.  This second card is much softer looking.  I like them both, but there really is a marked difference.

For this card, start with a card base of Old Olive that's cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", then scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  There is a layer of Old Olive cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  This was embossed with the Ferns Embossing Folder.  Then I used a Blending Brush and Old Olive ink to darken the edges a little.  Attach this to the folded card base using Tombow MultiPurpose Liquid Glue.

The yellow piece of cardstock for layering is So Saffron that measures 4 1/4" x 3".  The piece of Artistically Inked Designer Series Paper (sorry it's retired - just use something similar) was trimmed to 2 3/4" x 3 3/4".  This was cut at 1 3/4", 1 1/4", and 3/4" to fit across the piece of So Saffron.  I used the Liquid Glue to attach the pieces.  I find that for me the glue gives me a little bit extra wiggle time to get the pieces straight.  You could definitely use any adhesive you're comfortable with using.  This was attached to the center of the card front using Dimensionals to raise it up.

Next up was the sentiment.  I found this sentiment in the Potted Geraniums stamp set.  I love the wording and it fit with what I needed to send out for a friend.  It's stamped on a 1/2" wide strip of Basic White cardstock.  (Love those little strips that I save just for times like this!)  It's stamped with Old Olive ink.  The ends were flagged with the Banners Pick a Punch.  It was attached across the front of the card with Dimensionals underneath.  

I wanted a very subtle sort of bling on this card.  I found the 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots were just right.  I used the lightest version of the Sweet Sorbet Dots on this card.  It matches quite well even though the colors of the DSP are different.

The inside of the card was finished with a layer of Basic White.  There was a 1/2" strip of the same DSP print just waiting to be used.  It was added to the left edge.  A retired sentiment was stamped on the white with Old Olive ink. Then it was adhered to the inside of the card to finish it.

Seems like I'm back to needing get well and sympathy cards again.  I think this one will work out great for that.  Thanks for stopping in today to see what's been going on.  I've got more cards ready to share with you tomorrow, so I hope you find the time to check back in then.  The cards are featuring the Dainty Flowers Designer Series Paper that is one of the Sale-a-bration freebies.  And it's gorgeous!  You just have to see this in person.

Sale-a-bration starts January 5th.  Are you ready?  I am!!  Woo Hoo!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I love the strips of dsp - I usually make them all the same size, but this is perfect for the pattern. I'm going to have to try doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually made the strips all the same size too. This was a fun change for me.

      Delete
  2. I also like the extra 4th panel inside that continues the same idea!

    ReplyDelete