Sunday, January 1, 2023

Three Panel Card

Happy New Year to you!!  Here we are starting out a brand-new year with some wonderful possibilities ahead.  I plan on making the most of the possibilities that come my way.  I hope you do too.  I figured with the turning of the calendar page, I needed to get serious about posting ideas again.  I was going great, then all the craziness of the holidays descended on me and posting sort of tapered off for a bit.  So, back to my stamping room I went and got busy.     I did a lot of stamping yesterday and again this afternoon, so let's start sharing.

A while back, I had seen a post by Rachel Tessman where she was showing a Three Panel Card.  I had done different versions of this idea over the years (I didn't know it had a name!), but don't remember sharing any of the cards in a long while.  So that's what I'm starting out the new year sharing with you.  Hope you like the idea and give this easy but interesting layout a try.

Let's start with a card base of Soft Succulent that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" that is scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  To give the background some extra texture, I cut another Soft Succulent piece that's 5 1/4" x 4".  This is embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder.  After embossing, I used a Blending Brush and Soft Succulent ink to darken the edges and define the detail a little.  Then it was attached to the card base using Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid Glue and set aside.

Then a piece of Evening Evergreen was cut at 3" x 4 1/4" for the panels of DSP to layer on.  I used the Fitting Florets DSP for my choice here.  The DSP measured 2 1/2" x 4".  This is a great way to use up those small pieces of DSP that you have sitting around.  This piece was then cut in strips that measure 1 1/4", 3/4", and 1/2" wide.  Carefully lay these strips evenly on the Evening Evergreen piece, then attach each with adhesive.  This was attached to the center of the card front using Dimensionals.

The sentiment I chose to use is from the Splendid Day stamp set.  It was stamped on Basic White cardstock using Evening Evergreen ink.  The plainer punch from the Double Oval Punch was used on this.  Then the scalloped oval part was used to punch an Evening Evergreen layer to frame it.

You could easily add your sentiment at this time and be done, but I wanted to dress it up some.  A piece of Vellum was punched using the Label Me Lovely Punch.  This was attached to the card front using a strip of adhesive across the middle where it will be covered by the sentiment.  

One spray of leaves was die-cut from Soft Succulent cardstock using the Framed Florets dies.  This was partially tucked under the sentiment and attached with adhesive.  Then the sentiment was attached to the Vellum with Dimensionals.  Lastly, three Iridescent Rhinestones were attached to the card front for a little bling.

Update - I keep looking at my card and can't decide if I want to add a stamped and colored flower to the card.  Maybe I should get it in the mail right away so I can quit obsessing over it!  😄

And there you have it.  This layout is really a wonderful way to use up some of those bits of DSP that are really too pretty to throw away, but what can you do with them?  Now you've got a great idea!  To expand on this idea a little, you could use three different prints that coordinate.  Or you could use panels that you stamped to make your own DSP print.  If you try this, let me know what you chose to make.  I'd love to hear from you about this layout.

A few business reminders for you - You may still order from the July - December Catalog thru January 4th.  Then out with the old and in with the new!  The new Mini Catalog is open for ordering on January 5th.  And don't forget about Sale-a-bration which starts the same day.  Sale-a-bration only goes to February 28th this year, so pay attention to the dates on the catalog.  I don't want you to put off your purchases and then miss out.  I want to keep you all happy!

Wishing you a healthy and happy new year!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I have made 3 panel cards before but never thought to use an embossing folder behind it. Like the finishing touch of it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was looking a little plain, so embossing is an easy tweak!

      Delete