Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Hello, Irresistible Easter Card

Hello there!  I've been getting started making some Easter cards.  The one I want to share today is truly beautiful, because the DSP is the star of this card.  The new Hello, Irresistible DSP is one of the loveliest I've seen in a long while.  It's one of the Online Exclusive items that are available only online.  I thought the Fancy Flora DSP was beautiful, and it really is.  I still love it and choose it when I'm in a creative mood.  But I think the prints and colors on this pack of DSP are another step up in what I like to work with when making cards.  Let me share a card with you that really focuses on one of these prints.

All I can say is if you like pastels, this Designer Paper is absolutely for you!  Isn't the print just gorgeous?  It gives the illusion of white embossing over the softly blended background.  But in reality, that's just the look it portrays. There isn't any actual embossing on the card at all.  Doesn't it just make this card though?  I only added a sentiment tag and some die-cut leaves to finish it.  Couldn't be easier.

To make the card, start with a card base of Soft Sea Foam cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.

The DSP print paper is cut to measure 3 3/4" x 5".  This is attached to a Basic White piece of cardstock that measures 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".  The print paper is attached to the Basic White using Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.  I prefer this glue when I have a really skinny layer so I can get all the edges sort of slid into place nice and even.  This was attached to the Soft See Foam folded card base using Dimensionals.

Next up is deciding on a sentiment and what to stamp it on.  I'd been thinking about Easter cards, so I went with the Daffodil Daydream stamp set that's found on page 21 in the Annual Catalog.  I like the mixed font on these sentiments that give it a fun look.  It's stamped on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Basic Gray ink.  This was to keep in line with the soft look instead of using a harsher black ink.  

It was die-cut using the Tailor Made Tags Dies.  This is the 2nd smallest fancier tag die.  After die-cutting, it was placed on the card front as shown using Dimensionals to raise it up.

The Irresistible Blooms Dies were used to cut the leaves.  It has several open-work leaves to choose from.  I actually used two of them to cut leaves from backside of a scrap of this DSP.  It had a lovely mix of the yellows and greens that I liked.  The 3rd leaf was cut from Soft Sea Foam cardstock.

The leaf cluster comes from the Around the Bend Dies.  I had an extra Soft Sea Foam one cut from my last project that was still sitting on my work-table, so why not use it?  The leaves were all attached to the tag either on top of it or tucked in underneath to form a pleasing cluster.  

A length of white 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon about 6-7" long was tied into a bow.  It was attached over the center of the leaf cluster.  A Mini Glue Dot was used to attach this.

The last thing here was to decide on what accents to add, if any.  After trying several different ideas, I thought the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels worked the best.  No matter which angle you look at the card, either a green, yellow, or pink color flashes back at you.  Perfect with the background paper!

That's it for today's card.  It totally focuses on the Hello, Irresistible Designer Series Paper, and I think it is just gorgeous.  Now that I've make a simple card using this paper, I need to go back and create something more elaborate with it.  Hope you love this paper as much as I do, because you're probably going to see a few more card ideas using this new DSP.  Remember, it's not in any catalog - just online only!  Check out the Online Exclusives when you sign in to www.stampinup.com.  There are quite a few other products that are listed this way and you won't want to miss checking them out.

Thanks for stopping by again today.  Hope you're inspired to get out your stamps, papers, and inks to make yourself some lovely creations.  It's very therapeutic!!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. So elegant! You're right - this paper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just noticed that it is already unavailable. (sigh)

      Delete