Friday, April 28, 2023

Dainty Delight in Greens

Hello Friends, hope you're enjoying your day today.  Today I'm sharing a card with some old, retiring items and some that are going to hang around for a while longer which is a good thing in my humble opinion.  I'm using both the Dainty Delight Bundle and the Quiet Meadow Bundle which are both very versatile.  I look at these two sets as basics because both the floral images and the words are very nice, and the matching die sets are truly fabulous and can be used just about anywhere.  Give it a look.

Here's my last hurrah for Pear Pizzazz too.  I'll miss this color so much!  But there are other green colors that I'll soon love just as much.  For this card, I started out with a base of Pear Pizzazz cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  It's scored and folded in half.  

Next a layer of Old Olive cardstock was cut.  It measures 5 1/4" x 4".  I used the largest die in the Meadow Die set to cut into the center of this piece.  (thrifty!)  Both of these pieces were set aside until I was ready for them.

That lovely gold-printed paper is called Naturally Gilded 12" x 12" DSP.  There are 6 sheets with 3 patterns, so you get two of each.   This design is gold on ivory, there are silver on white and copper on white designs too.  Simply gorgeous!  The number is #161639 and can be found in the Online Exclusives for $10.  It's worth every penny!

Here you can see how the ivory background was changed to green.  I used Pear Pizzazz ink and a Blending Brush to just swirl color on it until it was as dark as I wanted.  I actually went over it about three times to darken it enough, otherwise the gold print got lost in the green.  I love how you can totally change the look of this paper just by blending in some color over the design.  Just think of the possibilities!  After I was done, this layer was attached to the Old Olive layer that was already cut.  I used adhesive to attach these together.  

A little more die-cutting was needed.  The two thin branches were cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock.  After trying a few different colors including some different gold papers, I ended up with a Glimmer Paper that's been retired for awhile.  It's a lovely green that showed up nicely.  For this piece, I used a die from the Dainty Delight set.  I thought it looked cute here.  All of the die-cut pieces were attached with adhesive.

One last piece was die-cut.  It was the label from the Meadow Dies.  This is cut from Very Vanilla cardstock.  The sentiment is also from the Quiet Meadow stamp set and fits in the die-cut piece perfectly.  It is stamped with Old Olive ink.  Two Dimensionals were added to the back at this time.

Instead of just wrapping a ribbon around for an accent, I cut a 4" piece and a 6" piece of Parakeet Party 1/8" Metallic Woven Ribbon.  Add tape on the back where you want the left side of the ribbon to be.  Thread the ribbon through the center hole then wrap to the back and attach to the tape.  Thread the 6" ribbon through the other side.  Take off the backing from the Dimensionals and center them over the stems.  Then wrap the ends of the ribbon to the back of the right side and attach.  To finish, tie a small bow from the same ribbon.  Use a Mini Glue Dot to attach this where the right ribbon connects to the label.  

All of this is attached to the folded Pear Pizzazz card front using Dimenisonals.   A piece of Very Vanilla was cut to fit inside the card and it was finished.  With the gold printed DSP, sparkly Glimmer Paper and metallic ribbon, I didn't think it needed any more bling.  Now if you're a real 'bling-aholic', you could always add gold sequins or rhinestones.  There are several choices that look really elegant with the card.  Your choice.

Have you been keeping track of all the different colors of green that were used on the card?  I think it's wonderful how so many of the colors blend nicely together.  If you want to know, there are 5 different greens on the card.  Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Parakeet Party, and the Mint Macaron of the Glimmer Paper die-cut.  Wow!

That's it for today.  Hope there are a few ideas you might have picked up on here.  Be inspired and be creative!  And have fun!!!

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! The DSP is lovely. (and I was sad to see Pear Pizzazz go, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, I'm really going to miss Pear Pizzazz. It was my go-to green.

      Delete
  2. LOVE, LOVE this card, hopefully it will be my birthday card...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it doesn't say anything about 'birthday' on it. Want it anyway??

      Delete