Saturday, May 13, 2023

Love Those Daisies!

Hi there!  Couldn't sleep tonight, so here I am at 1:30 working on a blog post.  I must be nuts.  Or at least on a stamping and creating overload.  😁  My sister Connie has been visiting for a few days and oh boy.  We've been so busy stamping that we hardly even take time out to eat.  We've come up with some fabulous cards that I think you'll like.  I'll be sharing them in the upcoming days.  Like after she goes home, so I've got time to think about something besides stamps and colors, papers and inks!  While she's here, I've got to take advantage of the creativity that flows between us and keep creating. 

Before she arrived, I'd made a graduation card for a young lady at church.  I'd heard she likes daisies, so that's what I used.  I'm absolutely loving the new Cheerful Daisies bundle (page 111).  They can be used in so many different ways, and I'm trying them all.  On this card, there are three layers on each daisy so there is a terrific amount of texture.  It's really awesome in real life.  I just keep touching the finished card because it almost looks like frosting layered on.  Yeah, crazy, right?  Let's get to the details.

The card base is made from Garden Green cardstock that is cut to measure 11" x 4 1/4".  It's scored at 5 1/2" and folded in half.  Next a layer of the Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper (page 130) was added.  It measures 4" x 5 1/4".  It's attached with "green glue".

The next step is cutting all the daisy layers.  You'll need about 1/4 sheet of Basic White cardstock to die-cut all the pieces needed.  There is one die that has all three daisies connected along with some leaves.  Cut one of those.  There are three detailed dies that fit on top of the first set of daisies.  Cut one of each of the three sizes.    The sentiment tag was cut with one of the Tailored Tags Dies (page 167).

Next the solid framing layer of each of the daisies was cut.  For this layer, I used the new Wild Wheat 2023-2025 In Color.  One each of these was cut.  I also die-cut a couple of leaves that were part of the large original die I used.  These were cut from Garden Green cardstock.

After all the pieces are cut, line up the Wild Wheat daisy layers behind each daisy and use a small amount of "green glue" to attach them behind the three attached daisies.  Next line up the detail pieces of the daisies and use "green glue" to attach them to the front of each daisy.  Cool, right?

Trim off the extra white leaves that are attached to the daisies.  You won't need them now, but you could always save them for another project later.

Stamp the sentiment onto the Tailored Tag.  I used a sentiment from the Charming Sentiments (page 18) and stamped it with Pebbled Path ink.  This is one of the colors listed in the DSP, but next time I think I would use Garden Green instead.  Or maybe even Pecan Pie ink.  Either would work nicely.

Next, add color to the center of the daisies.  I used Lemon Lolly Dark Blends first.  Then switched to a regular marker in Crushed Curry to add some shading.  Went back to Blends and used Pecan Pie Light to add dots around the flower center.  Just play around until you're happy with the look.

Arrange the tag and trio of daisies on the card front and attach them all with Dimensionals.  The extra leaves I die-cut from the Garden Green were tucked in around the daisies and attached with adhesive.  

The last step on the card was the bling.  After trying a few that I thought would be perfect, I hit a snag.  I wasn't happy with any of them.  Then I thought of the Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins.  At first, I thought they would get lost on the card, but the gold ones seem to work out fine.  They really bring out the tiny flowers on the DSP.  I did use five sequins on the card.  A few more than I normally would, but that's what seems to work.

Well, here it is, definitely later!  I'm not going to admit how much time I've spent getting this post together.  I certainly hope you love these daisies as much as I do.  I didn't think I needed another daisy stamp set, but I'm so very happy that I gave this one a try.  It's a real winner.  In the coming days, I'll have more ideas for you using this bundle.  Like I said earlier, there are so many different ways to use this stamp and die bundle and I want to try them all!

Thanks for dropping in to see what's new around here.  Be sure to hurry back in a few days to catch the next installment.  Thanks for taking the time to read these posts.  Your interest and comments are really appreciated and keep me motivated.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

PS - if you find any mistakes, please blame it on lack of sleep   😏😉

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have someone creative to "play" with?
    The texture in these daisies with the layers and the definition in the dies combined with the detail you created in the center really makes this card delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Barb. I always appreciate your comments and ideas.

    ReplyDelete