Sunday, July 2, 2023

Inked & Tiled in Pink

Greetings!  I'm finally back again.  Seems like these posts have been a little hit-or-miss lately and I apologize for that.  After coming back from North Myrtle Beach, the six of us have taken turns being a little under the weather.  I guess it was my turn and it wasn't fun!  It was an interesting way to drop a few pounds because I didn't eat much of anything for three days.  I think I'm done with that, thank God!

Today I'm sharing a super-quick card with you.  This would definitely be classified as a Clean and Simple, or a SIP card.  (Stamps, Ink, Paper)  It goes together so easily, but still looks bright and pretty.  Let's get stamping...

For the card, I used the Inked & Tiled set again as you can see.  It starts with a base of Bubble Bath that's such a pretty color.  It's cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  After folding the cardstock, it was opened and the Exposed Brick Embossing Folder was used to give the front panel some interest.  The embossing was done right on the card base instead of a quarter piece layer of cardstock to keep it really simple.

Next two pieces of Basic White cardstock were cut for this card.  The front piece measured 4" x 5 1/2" and was used for the stamped images.  The inner piece measured 5 1/4" x 4 1/4".

For the card, the double daisy stems were chosen.  The cardstock piece was positioned in my Stamparatus to make sure I'd get it where I wanted it.  The Stamparatus is no longer available in our catalog, so I hope you have one already.  I tend to use mine all the time.  The stamp was inked with Markers to get the multi-toned look.  First the flowers were inked with the Bubble Bath Marker (not Blends!)  Then the Berry Burst Marker was drawn on from the base of the flower out.  Next the stems were drawn in with the Pretty Peacock Marker.  After all the colors were on the stamp, I huffed on it to keep the ink damp, then stamped.  Any area that didn't have enough ink on it could then easily have ink added.

The next step was stamping the sentiment with Berry Burst ink.  The sentiment is from the Inked & Tiled set and one I've used a lot already.

Next the edges of the piece were ripped to give the edge some extra texture and interest.  Each side was ripped toward me so all the frayed edges would show.  Make sure you check how it fits on the card before attaching in case you need to rip off anymore on the edges.  The piece was then attached to the card front using "green glue" making sure the top and bottom lined up nicely.

The inner layer on the card has only one edge ripped off.  The double bud image was stamped in the bottom corner just like you did the front daisies.

To give the card a final finish, three of the Adhesive-backed Sequin Trio in Berry Burst were used to fancy it up.  Actually, any of the three sequin colors matched this card, so you could choose different colors or use all three on this card.

There you have it, a very simple SIP card that still looks like you spent some time on it.  Have fun making this same card or take the idea and a different set of stamps or colors and make a whole set of these cards for a gift.  I think the recipient would be happy with this gift.

I want to remind you of the Online Exclusive items and there are new kits out for you too.  I haven't had a chance to play with the One-Horse Open Sleigh Bundle yet, but I'm excited to get my hands on it.  The images of the stamp set are very nice, and the 6" x 6" DSP is truly gorgeous!!  You'll love it!  I think it'll be incredibly easy to make some of my cards this year.  And you can get a head start on all those Christmas cards you'll be wanting to have in the mail in just 4 1/2 months!!  Yikes!  Where has the time gone?

Thanks for stopping over to see what's new.  Keep up the stamping and creating through the summer.  When it gets too hot outside, then it's time to get inside and create!  Enjoy your summer.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you and your family were ill. Glad you're back to stamping!

    ReplyDelete