Friday, August 18, 2023

Autumn Leaves Again

Hello friends.  Glad to have you back for another look at the new Autumn Leaves stamp and die set in the new Mini Catalog.  If you know me at all, you know I love fall leaves with their many rich, bright colors.  Today's card uses colors that are more muted than I usually use for fall.  I love how these have turned out though and hope you like them too.  The last post really focused on the All About Autumn Designer Paper and the Distressed Gold Specialty paper.  This time the card is focused on the basics - just stamps and ink.  It's a much more subtle card and I love it!

The card starts with Copper Clay for the base.  It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", is scored and folded in half.  This is a perfect color for fall.

Next is a layer of Old Olive cardstock.  It measures 5" x 3 3/4" so there is more of the Copper Clay that shows on the card.  This piece is embossed with the new Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder.  The texture is so interesting when it's not a complete image, kind of sketchy.  To make this distressed embossing show up even more, I tried something a little different.  I have the new Metallic Enamel Basics. I chose the copper to use here.  A small dime-size puddle of the copper was squeezed onto a piece of foil and used my fingertip to lightly brush over some of the raised areas.  This gives a nice metallic sheen to some of the areas.  Remember to keep it light so it stays just on the raised areas.  I set this aside to make sure it was dry before putting on my card.  TIP:  In case you're wondering, you could put this on one of your clear blocks, but you need to clean it immediately and thoroughly, so you don't have to scrape off residue.  That's why I now use a bit of foil so I can just throw it away when finished and don't have the clean-up hassle.

The next step was to stamp the three maple leaves.  Copper Clay, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake are the ink colors I used.  One of each color was stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  They were die-cut using the coordinating dies.  After die-cutting, the "thankful" sentiment from the Autumn Leaves set was stamped across the Crumb Cake leaf using Copper Clay ink.  It fit perfectly.  It was time to put the card together.

First a 6 1/2" piece of natural ribbon from the Copper & Natural Ribbon Combo was wrapped around the middle of the embossed layer.  It's attached to the back of the layer with Tear & Tape to really hold it in place.  Dimensionals were added to the layer and then it was attached to the front of the Copper Clay card.  The three leaves were all attached to the card with Dimensionals.  As you can see, sections of the leaves were curled with a bone folder before attaching.  This adds so much more interest and texture to the card.

At this point, I decided to add the "for you" to the card.  I found it in the Textured Floral set.  It's part of a larger stamp, so a Copper Clay marker was used only on the words I wanted.  It was stamped on a skinny strip of Very Vanilla cardstock.  It was still trimmed a little more with Paper Snips to fit nicely.  It has Mini Dimensionals under it and it was tucked in under the leaf.

Wanting to stay with the more subtle coloring of the card, I didn't go with gold or copper accents.  The new Speckled Dots in Copper Clay were added instead.  I love the subtle interest they add to the design.

There you have it.  The 2nd installment using the Autumn Leaves Bundle.  Now that Designer Paper is calling me to come back and play with it.  So off I go to the stamp room to see what else I can create with this lovely collection of stamps, dies, papers, ribbons, and other embellishments.  Yes, I know, I've got to get going on all those Christmas ideas that are rolling around in that brain of mine.   And I've got cards to finish and get in the mail.  Whew, the stamping never ends!  😂  Thanks for stopping by today.  Won't you leave me a comment, so I know you've been here?  It's always lovely to hear from you all.  Or is that y'all?

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. I like these leaves. The distressed embossing adds a wonderful depth to the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I really like that new embossing folder. Seems like I'm using it quite often lately.

      Delete
  2. Always fancy your cards Sharon, no matter the season! I love everything about Autumn! My very favorite time of year. I still make the maple leaf card you taught, must be 4-5+ yrs ago now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very kind words. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who you are. I'm glad you enjoyed my classes though. I sure miss all the wonderful ladies that would come. Thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Sharon, it's me Susan!! Why am I anonymous? Lol, I don't know how to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably one of my favorite cards lately. Love the colors, texture accents - everything. I know a perfect recipient for it! Haha!

    ReplyDelete