Monday, August 14, 2023

Autumn Leaves Sneak Peek

Hello my friends.  What a beautiful day it is today.  Sunny and hot.  Just a beautiful summer day!  Then why am I making a post that's labeled Autumn Leaves?  Just because it's warm and full of sunshine today, does not mean it'll be that way in another month or two.  I have to admit that autumn is my favorite season ever.  All the other seasons have their great qualities and there's many of them.  But carving pumpkins, picking apples and drinking hot cider, cooler weather, and wearing cozy sweaters - how can I resist?  Yes, it's my favorite season, so I'm always looking for new stamps and dsp papers to celebrate this wonderful time of the year.  If you like this season too, you're going to love the possibilities in the new Mini Catalog.  Plus, the catalog has fun holiday products - Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!  It's got it all and you'll love it!  But of course, the first item I ordered from the new mini catalog absolutely had to be fall related.

Isn't this cool?  Love these new leaf stamps and dies and the new DSP is awesome!  I just had to play with them right away.  This is my first project using the new Autumn Leaves Bundle with the new All About Autumn Designer Series Paper.  And that embossing folder used is new too!  Love this so much!  So, let's get down to making this card.

The card base is Copper Clay measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half.  The layer of Boho Blue cardstock measures 5 1/4" x 3".  This color was chosen because the DSP print used for the leaves has bits of this blue on it even though it's not listed as a coordinating color.  Doing my own thing here.  Before attaching this to the card base, the new Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder was used to give it that wonderful texture.  I added little bits of Crumb Cake ink just to some of the detail by touching the tip of my finger to the pad and lightly rubbing over the detail.  Yes, that does give me dirty fingers, but it was more of the antique look I wanted.  Then it's attached to the base over to the left side using "green glue".

I really planned to only use current products on this card, but it just didn't work out that way.  The retired Rectangle Stitched Dies were used to cut a Distressed Gold DSP piece.  This was the perfect size needed.  It was attached to the card front using "green glue".  Then on to those fabulous leaves.  The Autumn Leaves DSP print I chose has a look of stacked books.  I loved the combo of dark colors with mottled images and a slight striping.  This was an interesting look for die-cutting my leaves.

One of the large maple leaves was cut from this paper along with two of the small maple leaves.  The small leaves have texture cut into them from the die, but not the large one.  For this one, the veining was cut from Early Espresso cardstock with a piece of Adhesive Sheets stuck to the back side.   This made it easy to attach to the large leaf.

The sentiment and coordinating die are both from the Autumn Leaves set.  Very Vanilla cardstock was used for the label.  The sentiment was stamped with Copper Clay ink to the center of this.  The sentiment and leaves were all attached to the card front using Dimensionals.  I did a little curling up of the edges of the leaves for more interest.  The back of the leaves has a copper print on vanilla background, so any of it that showed was a nice accent for the card.

The inside of the card is Very Vanilla cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  A 1/2" strip on the same DSP print was cut and attached near the left edge with adhesive to bring the design inside the card.  I had thought of stamping leaves, but I wanted something simpler.

The sentiment is from the same Autumn Leaves set.  It's stamped with Copper Clay ink.  That is actually two sentiments together.  There are three different choices for that bottom part of the sentiment to fit what you might need.

A final look at the card.  For the bling, I tried using the Speckled Dots that are part of this collection.  Because I went with a Boho Blue accent color, the Speckled Dots didn't really go all that well.  I'll have to save those for another project.  😉  I ended up using the Neutrals Adhesive-backed Sequins in the current catalog instead.  I really like this metallic brown color with the design and was happy with this choice.

Hope you enjoyed this first look at one of the new products in the Mini Catalog.  You should have received your copy by now.  If not, please get in touch with me.  Ordering will start on September 6th, so get those wish lists filled out.  I'm sure some of these new items will be perfect for you and you'll want to create with them soon.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The distressed gold dsp makes the leaves stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you about the Distressed Gold paper. It seemed to look the nicest with the rest.

      Delete