Friday, August 25, 2023

Scenery Card

Hi friends!  Today's card is just a cute and simple card for you.  Not much stamping at all and I really let the piece of DSP do all the work.  It's funny how long it actually took me to design the card.  And it's so simple!  Why was I trying so hard to make a really fabulous card when this cute little card was just waiting for me to think of it.

See?  Very little to it once the design was in my head.  Way back when, I did a series on using the one sheet of the Fresh As A Daisy DSP that was sort of a quilt block of different designs.  I used up all the other pieces without too much of a problem.  Why was this one piece giving me such fits?

To make this card, start with a base of Wild Wheat cardstock that measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  This is scored and folded in half.  Next the DSP piece was trimmed down to 5" x 3 3/4".  

I was only going to use a 5 1/4" x 4" layer of Early Espresso cardstock to frame this, but it looked too drab and dark.  A small bit of Basic White shining between the two layers worked just fine.  This is cut 5 1/8" x 3 7/8".  The 3 trees needed to be die-cut before I started putting everything together.  The trees are from the Horse & Sleigh set which is only available as an Online Exclusive in the Stampin'Up! store.  I die-cut three of them from Early Espresso cardstock.  Using adhesive, they were attached to the DSP.  Any part that went outside the edges was trimmed off with Paper Snips.  

That big open area in the middle bothered me.  I had to go to my retired stamps to find some birds.  They are from the On The Horizon set from last year.  The birds are stamped with Basic Gray that has been off-stamped before stamping.  I didn't use all the birds on the stamp, just four of them.  I thought that was enough.

The DSP layer was attached to the Basic White layer with "green glue".  This was layered to the Early Espresso layer and then onto the folded Wild Wheat card base.

The sentiment comes from the Trucking Along set which is another of those Online Exclusive sets.  Be sure to check these out online!  The sentiment is stamped with Early Espresso ink onto a 1/2" wide strip of Basic White cardstock.  After stamping, the ends were trimmed.  The banner was curled a little to be higher in the center and swooping down near the ends.  It's attached with two Dimensionals behind it in the center area to keep it lifted up.

The final touch was adding the field of daisies.  These are the Loose Daisy Embellishments found in the Annual Catalog.  They are attached with a Mini Glue Dot under each daisy.  I couldn't quite figure out what to add to the card and these popped into my mind.  What could be better than a field of daisies on a bright blue day?

That's it for this quick and easy card.  It really went together so fast once the idea took shape.  It's a little different from what I usually make, but that's part of what makes it fun.  Thanks for taking time out to spend with me.  I truly appreciate it.

Happy stamping and creating,
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile - it also took me a while to decide what to do with this paper, and I created a card that was very similar to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that some of the simpler things to make are sometimes the hardest to design? I'm glad it made you smile!

      Delete