Saturday, August 26, 2023

Let's Cool Down With An Autumn Card

Hey there!  Are you as hot as I am?  Whew!   I am so not used to such hot weather.  The heat index was over 100 degrees yesterday and I really didn't want to go out of the house.  What did we do before air conditioning?  Since it's been so hot, I thought it was time to work on more autumn cards to cool off.  The All About Autumn 6" x 6" Designer Paper is just gorgeous and has been begging me to play around with it a little more.  So that's what I did yesterday.

The layout on this style of card is super simple, but it gives just enough of a different fold to make it interesting.  For this style of fold, the Designer Paper really does all the work.  And come on, I know you've got lots of DSP just sitting there waiting on you to come and create.

For this card, I started with a base of Crushed Curry cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" that is scored in half at 4 1/4".  Then a 1" strip is cut from the front flap of the card.  Easy so far, right?  The All About Autumn DSP is cut at 3" x 6", which is then trimmed down to 5 1/4".  I'm saving those 3/4" x 3" pieces for something down the road.  No idea what yet, but I'll be ready when I figure it out.  The layer of DSP is attached to the card front with adhesive carefully lining up the edges.

While we're cutting DSP, I chose another print that will be a nice accent when the card is closed.  This one is Copper Clay with a copper foil design on it.  Gorgeous, isn't it?  This is trimmed at 3/4" x 5 1/4".  It's attached to the outer edge making sure it lines up with the front layer.

The inside of the card has a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measures 3" x 5 1/4" just the same as the front so it's totally hidden when the card is closed.  A piece of Very Vanilla was die-cut with the Autumn Leaves Dies.  I like the notched corners of this die-cut.  Just an added little detail.  The sentiment from the Autumn Leaves set was stamped on this using Copper Clay ink.  The inside sentiment comes from the Cheerful Daisies set.  Love the wording and it fits so well the person I'm making this card for.  It's also stamped with Copper Clay ink.  That's it for the stamping portion.  Quick and simple, right?

The sentiment label is attached to the card front with Dimensionals.  Please make sure you keep the Dimensionals only under the front flap area.  The right edge hangs free.

After trying several different embellishments, the Copper & Natural Ribbon Combo Pack was used.  The copper ribbon really enhances the copper foil trim on that little strip we added.  The Neutral Adhesive-Backed Sequins in the copper tone were the perfect little bit of bling to finish.  

There, isn't that just the easiest card to make?  I liked it so much, I tried it again with a different print.  Have a look...

Now which do you like better?  The Crushed Curry with the maple leaves, or the Copper Clay with the forest path?  I must admit, I can't make up my mind.  The Copper Clay card uses the very same strip of copper foiled DSP as the first and it compliments this look perfectly.  But because of the darker cardstock and DSP used, the look is changed quite dramatically.   The same Copper Adhesive-Backed Sequins were used here and still work nicely too.

I cannot make up my mind on which I like better.  I love the nice clean look of the design.  I'm really not one to add multiple layers and lots of doodads.  This is the kind of card I prefer.  They both just make me happy to look at them.  Hope they will make some "someone else" happy too.

Thought you might want another look at the Copper Clay version of the card.  Nice, huh?  I just love the photography that was used for this designer Paper set.  So detailed and simply gorgeous!  Makes me long for autumn to get here soon.

Just a reminder that there are only a few days left to redeem your Bonus Coupons.  Don't forget them!  And... The September - December Mini Catalog is ready for ordering on September 6th!  I hope you're as excited as I am.  I've been enjoying using these new stamps, dies, and Designer Paper so far.  I'll be needing to get a few (ha ha) more stamps to create my Christmas and other assorted cards.  Oh boy!  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope these cards have given you a chance to cool down.  Unless they got you "fired up" to get creating too.  

Happy stamping and creating!
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. They're both beautiful - and it makes me eager for fall to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards/colors. The DSP makes it so simple for a quick card.

    ReplyDelete